This is the official Akwa Ibom State University, AKSU Registration Procedure for Fresh and Returning Students for the 2015/2016 Academic Session. All successful candidates offered admission into various degree programmes of Akwa Ibom State University for the 2015/2016 Academic Session are hereby informed that screening and registration exercises will begin on Monday, March 14, 2016 at the two campuses of the University.
Venue for the registration is both at the Main Campus, Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin Local Government Area and Obio Akpa campus, Oruk Anam Local Government Area, respectively.
Please note that no candidate will be screened or registered by proxy. Therefore, all candidates are advised to appear in person for the screening/registration exercise.
Candidates are directed to follow and comply with the under listed step-by-step registration process.
- A. PROCEDURE FOR SCREENING OF FRESH STUDENTS
Candidates who have accepted the offer of admission and had paid the Acceptance Fee, are to report to the University on Monday,
14th March, 2016 for the Screening Exercise at the two campuses
of the University as follows:
Main Campus, Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin L.G.A. Candidates admitted into programmes in the Faculties of: (1) Education
(2) Natural and Applied Sciences
are to report at the main campus, Ikot Akpaden, Mkpat Enin Local
Government Area for their registration and academic activities.
Obio Akpa Campus, Oruk Anam L.G.A.
Candidates admitted into programmes in the Faculties of: (1) Agriculture
(3) Social and Management Sciences
are to report at Obio Akpa Campus of the University, Oruk Anam
Local Government Area for their registration and academic activities.
Requirement for the Screening
Candidates are to come for the screening exercise with the following particulars:
(i) Original and photocopies of:
- Certificates (WASC, SSCE, GCE O/L, NECO, NABTEB, TC II, Etc) Students should note that only certificates or online printout of
results will be accepted.
- Certificate of Origin
- Birth Certificate or Sworn Declaration of Age
- JAMB Registration Slip
- JAMB Result Slip (UTME)
(ii) 5 recent passport size photographs (2×2 color passports)
(iii) Evidence of payment of acceptance fee.
Note: Candidates must first be screened and issued with clearance slip before they proceed to make payment of school fees and other charges. Evidence of payment of acceptance fee will be
required, and must be presented before a candidate is screened.
- B. PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
Fresh students should, after screening and the clearance slip obtained, should proceed to pay the prescribed school fees following the procedures outlined below.
Returning students should also follow the procedure outline below for payment of their fees and registration.
All students are directed to print the e-receipt of the school fees paid and take it to the Bursary Department to collect the University Official Cash Receipt. Note that no student will be registered without payment of fees.
Procedure for Payment of School Fees / Charges for
(a) PAY@BANK OPTION
(1) Visit http://www.aksu.edu.ng from any internet access point
(2) Click on Student menu and select MAKE PAYMENT option. You will be redirected to http://portals.aksu.edu.ng
(3) Click on the link “REGISTER NOW” and select ADMISSION
(4) Enter your Jamb registration number and click the VERIFY
(5) Select the SCHOOL FEE button and click CONTINUE button. (6) Select FULL PAYMENT
(7) Click on print button to print the Pre-Payment Analysis Slip.
(8) Click on MAKE PAYMENT button to make payment using the eTransact online payment platform. (Note that the amount to be paid includes School fee, Course Registration fee for General Studies
– GSS, as well as Bank Transaction charge)
(9) Select Pay AT BANK mode from the payment mode option menu. (10) The list of banks supported on the platform appears, click the
CONTINUE button to proceed.
11) An ACKNOWLEDGMENT SLIP containing your transactions details appears.
12) Click on PRINT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP button to print the slip.
13) With the Acknowledgment slip visit any branch of the banks listed on the platform.
14) At the bank, the bank teller uses the Acknowledgment slip to accept the payment in Cash and provides the student with an eTransact e-payment receipt.
15) Visit the Bursary Department to change your e-receipt to the
University official receipt.
Any of the following banks are to be used for payment through the
- 1. Union Bank 2. Sterling Bank
- 3. United Bank for Africa (UBA) 4. First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
- 5. Diamond Bank 6. Unity Bank
- 7. Enterprise Bank 8. GTB Bank
- 9. Access Bank 10. EcoBank, etc
- C. BIO-DATA REGISTRATION
General Procedure for Online Bio Data Registration for Fresh
On completion of Screening and Payment of school fees, candidates are to visit the university website from any internet
access point (E.g. Cybercafé) and complete the online bio-data
registration process following the procedures outlined below:
- 1. Log on to the address: www.aksu.edu.ng from any Internet access point (g. CYBERCAFÉ) and you will be redirected to http://portals.aksu.edu.ng
- 2. Click on Student menu and select MAKE PAYMENT option. You will be redirected to http://portalaksu.edu.ng
- 3. Click on the link “REGISTER NOW” under “ADMISSION’‘ Menu
- 4. Enter your Jamb Registration Number without any space and click on login.
- 5. A form containing your basic information appears (Personal
Information) is displayed.
- 6. Fill the other required information and click on “CONTINUE BUTTON”.
- 7. Repeat step 5 above for other stages (Passport Upload, Contact
Details, and Academic Details).
- 8. A preview page appears, confirm the information before clicking on the continue button.
- 9. Click on print button, to print your online registration confirmation sli
- D. COLLECTION OF OTHER REGISTRATION MATERIALS
After clearance and payment of fees, candidates should proceed to their respective faculties where they will be issued with the following registration materials by the Faculty Officer:
(i) Enrolment/Time Table Cards
(ii) Class Admit Cards
After the faculty registration, candidates will also proceed to their respective departments for their departmental registration.
- E. REGISTRATION AT THE MEDICAL CENTRES
After registration in the faculties and departments, fresh students should proceed to the University’s Medical Centre for their medical registration and submit themselves for medical examination.
- F. REGISTRATION WITH THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
All duly registered students must also register and obtain a Library Identification Card for the use of the University Library. Note that no student will be admitted into the University Library without being duly registered and issued with the current University Library identification card.
- G. ISSUANCE OF STUDENTS’ IDENTIFICATION CARD
After completion of registration in all the departments as stated above, students should proceed to the Students’ Affairs Division for registration and issuance of student’s identification card.
SCHOOL FEE TEMPLATE
- i. All first year students are expected to take the compulsory 5 (five) GSS (General Studies Courses). Therefore, they are to pay an extra N2, 500.00 (two thousand five hundred Naira) only, for the 5 (five) GSS courses @ N500.00 per GSS course.
- ii. Other returning students who have GSS course(s) to register would pay according to the number of the GSS courses registered at (N500.00) only per GSS course.
The resumption calendar for the 2015/2016 Academic session is as follows:
Monday, 14th March, 2016 – Arrival of new streets at the two campuses of the University
Tuesday, 15th March, 2016 – Registration of new students begins Monday, 17th March, 2016 – Orientation for new students begins Monday, 21st March, 2016 – Lectures begin for new students, and
– Arrival of returning students
Tuesday, 22nd March, 2016 – Registration for returning students begins
Monday, 28th March, 2016 – Lectures begin for the returning students
- S. J. Udoekong
Dated 4th March, 2016
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail