ASUU Disagree with FG’s Directive To Scrap Post-UTME. The Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU has objected to the Federal Government’s directive that tertiary institutions should stop the conduct of Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, Post-UTME, for candidates seeking admission.
The position of the union was made known by the ASUU President, Comrade Biodun Ogunyemi. He stressed that allowing tertiary institutions to regulate their admission process will improve the nation’s quality of education.
According to him, it is not right for the government to decide the method to be used in screening candidates for admission as this will not only amount to encroachment on the autonomy of these institutions but also affect the level of sanity and quality in the system. He however stated that the FG can come in by putting in place the necessary guidelines as part of their oversight functions.
On the issue of refunding money paid by candidates for admission screening, the president of ASUU stated that it may not be easy for institutions to refund such money as it may have been diverted to other purposes.
He mentioned that tertiary institutions over the years have been under-funded and charging candidates for screening is one of the ways institutions raise fund and called on the government to live up to its responsibilities by providing an enabling environment for teaching, learning and research in these institutions.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More