The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has called for the immediate release of 495 billion Naira Revitalisation Funds for universities, implementation of the 2009 ASUU/FGN Agreement and MOU of 2013 as well as the payment of Earned Academic Allowances.
The Union is also demanding that the government resolves the issue of payment of salaries in fractions which it began since December 2015 and the registration of NUPEMCO among other problems.
The ASUU Zonal Coordinator, Professor Nsing Ogar, represented by University of Calabar chairperson, Dr. Tony Eyang, made the call while briefing Journalists in Calabar on some disturbing developments faced by Campuses.
According to him, a huge cloud of uncertainty hangs over the University system in the country due to a number of unresolved issues which if not resolved, will hinder the growth and development of Universities across the country.
The Unical ASUU boss said, six months in 2013, ASUU waged a struggle for the revitalisation of the universities through the implementation of the 2009 agreement and up till now, it is saddening that, there has been no indication of seriousness on the part of the Federal Government to honour the MOU reached.
He further disclosed that, government’s unilateral proscription of the Post-UTME test is another issue causing so much tension at the moment which according to the Union, rubs the University of its autonomy and the responsibility of determining and controlling the quality of people for admission.
He maintained that, the cancellation of the Post-UTME test without consulting critical stakeholders, Vice Chancellors and University administrators is an unhelpful and regrettable action that has to be reversed.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail