The Governor of Benue State Samuel Ortom has cancelled conditional charges introduced by the management of the Benue State University. He ordered that staus quo should remain.
He directed the management to refund those who had already paid the new charges.
Governor Ortom stated that he took the action following repeated appeals from stakeholders in the university including prominent citizens, parents, students as well as the general populace.
He said as a democratically elected governor, he has a responsibility to be sensitive to the plight and views of his people.
He assured that the state government would explore other avenues to raise internally generated revenue to address the concerns that made the university to introduce the charges.
“We are also verifying the sources of income of the university and if we see that there is need for a review of the conditional charges we shall seek inputs of stakeholders including members of the State House of Assembly,” Ortom stressed.
He regretted the discomfort and pains which the development might have caused. Ortom also praised both management and students of the institution for not allowing the issue to spiral out of control.
He expressed appreciation to all those who took time off to raise the matter with him personally or at other appropriate forums.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000