Are you preparing for a job interview? if yes, see the Best Tips when Responding to 100 key questions in a job interview.
- The shortage of offers and the large number of candidates stiffens competition in recruitment processes.
- It is more important than ever to prepare well in advance this personal appointment, more determining test to choose the candidate.
With almost six million unemployed, having a job has become almost a luxury item. People actively seeking employment face a complicated despite the slight improvement that seems to begin to be detected in the behavior of our labor market challenge.
Selection processes and personnel are scarce vacancies that arise in business are covered quickly with well prepared candidates, often without getting to make public.
The number of candidates presented to the selection process is great, so it has tightened competition for access to scarce jobs available. In this way it is even more important than ever that candidates thoroughly prepare your resume and cover aspects such as the different tests that can face on that road to reintegration into the market.
The quotation continues to have more weight in these processes is the personal interview, which must come with clear ideas and answers to the questions we can ask well prepared.
With the help of the consulting MOA BPI Group, a specialist in outplacement processes or relocating professionals, we have compiled a list of the 100 most common questions that can raise you in a job interview and the right people to get away and convincing answers to our interviewer that we are the perfect candidate for the position.
Typically, in a selection process for a more or less qualified because we have to make two or three interviews, but in some cases become up to six. In the first we must focus on aspects related to the project and your personal and professional development. Topics such as compensation, hours or working conditions are best left to the past and expect to be our partner the first to introduce them.
Before starting the interview we know well our curriculum and the company and the position that we are choosing. Questions usually begin with a presentation and contact, then move on to seeking an exchange of information on our careers, skills, achievements and motivation.
MOA BPI experts are a number of general recommendations when dealing with this important event:
- No tutear our interviewer unless we expressly requested.
- No recruiter invade the table with our papers or objects.
- Not be taken as an attack certain questions.
- Listen carefully and ensure that you fully understand the questions we are asking.
- always relate our responses to the job to which you are choosing.
- No answer in monosyllables or short answers, but be precise at the same time.
- Take a few seconds to think before responding.
- At all times maintain eye contact with our interlocutor.
- Control nonverbal communication: what will value most is security in yourself and naturalness, but people do not seek robots.
In this personal encounter the recruiter looking for a certain type of person after analyzing our curriculum and many other candidates who apparently seem to fit the profile. The key to success is, rather than being the best candidate, to be able to perform the best exposure in communication. And the first 5 or 10 minutes of this conversation are vital to try to connect and create interest in our interviewer. If you formulate many questions and talk continues to be a sign that we are achieving our goal. If you do not give us brief walk to explain a bad sign.
To get it:
- Job interview must prepare thoroughly. Think about what kind of specific situations, previous professional chapters and we will use along it. This is not to memorize responses or drop automatically. It should give a sense of naturalness and spontaneity, but it is better not improvise. They must be prepared before and have clear answers to a number of issues that may be more embarrassing for help, and much, to exit gracefully.
- Do not lie, but choose those answers that benefit us and prevent us can rule in the selection process or may restarnos points. The only way to answer it is that the answer is true.
- Always start and as close as possible answers focusing on the positives.
- It should not be critical. Above all, never criticize associated companies in which work has neither the former bosses or colleagues.
- There are situations that cause us to ask what interests us explain and try to avoid giving rise to interrogate us about what favors us less.
- You do not have to be questions about the private lives of candidates, but if we make them have to answer them . If not, it seems to want to hide something negative.
- We must show motivated, but not needed, nor come to beg for that job. You always have to keep in a professional field and not get into the personal.
- A job interview is a constant selling of the candidate. Whenever you have occasion.
- We must avoid talking about economics or working conditions of the post in the first steps of the selection process. That needs to be addressed in the final stages, when you have a real chance of being elected.
- Tell me about yourself.
Message submission. Always a professional level, the interviewer is not asking us for personal reasons.
- Define yourself yourself with three adjectives and justifícalos.
They should always choose positive issues, ie, strengths professionals we have had detected before going to the interview.
- What are your strengths? And the weak?
You have to answer those same strengths as you are asking and choose weaknesses that actually seen otherwise be too strong points. For example, sometimes I’m too hard on myself, perfectionist, too planner or organized, and so on. We present them as a weak point from our point of view, but actually they are moving the recruiter aspects like their employees.
- What does it mean for you work?
It is not appropriate to give a linked to money because the interviewer wants to know with this question the order of priorities in life and how far the private sphere is the professional response. Without going to praise too much work, you can comment that it is a form of personal fulfillment to which the candidate devotes all your efforts. It is one of the so – called killer question. That is, the difficult questions and more stress generated in the candidates interviewed.
- If I won the lottery, would continue coming to work?
The interviewer wants to know what is the motivation of the candidate, so the ideal response should make clear that it not only makes money but the work done him as a person and likes to take on challenges.
- Tell me about a situation in which you did not act properly. What have you learned from it?
You have to choose an error has been committed throughout professional life, but that is of little impact, a mistake weightless in matters of everyday life, and we have taken a lesson. For example, if a manager once lost an investment of one million euros in the bank for a bad performance, this example should not be chosen to tell the interviewer.
It must respond naturally and without dwelling on the mistake to focus on the answer quickly on the positive side, in what has been learned and how that situation was corrected. How has changed such behavior in our professional work from that moment, as we avoid that happen to us again now.
- Tell me something I feel a little embarrassed.
Many interviewers formulated this question to try to hunt the candidate and see if it supports something committed. If they do not, then they analyze whether the candidate if he is able to overcome the initial shock and improvise. It is another killer question and if you are not well prepared you can get nervous and out of trance talking about personal issues or work, and that is the worst option.
The best strategy is to pause to reflect and offer similar “sometimes I think I have to pay more attention to something, or talk to someone to avoid possible confusion, especially when teamwork response. It is a matter of anticipating situations instead of lamenting later. ” A response of this kind gives us the opportunity to convey openness and wisdom, reconvirtiéndola into something positive.
- How do you feel reporting to someone younger or a woman?
Some interviewers formulated this question if they detect that the candidate can have some kind of prejudice and want to control it from the beginning. First of all statements that sound patronizing or callous should be avoided. The answer must be credible and does not appear automatically. An example answer could be: “I like companies that hire and promote people on merit and age or gender to which will have to report is indifferent.”
- Why did you choose your studies?
Actually what the recruiter wants to know this issue is not personal details of the candidate, but if you have landed in that sector or professional specialty by accident, obligation or vocation. The interviewer wants to verify that the candidate has not been changing studies or career several times for lack of conviction or evidence. We must avoid a response in this regard.
- Why did you leave your studies?
When the candidate’s resume indicates this circumstance can be questioned about the reasons that led him to do so. Really you want to know what the interviewer us with this question is our level of conformism or comfort. If the studies were abandoned not have to do with the position for which you choose you can be answered calmly that studies left because it was discovered that was not his true calling, do not provide what you wanted or some similar response. If work if related to studies that were left should be noted that due to the immaturity of age or, if appropriate, the personal circumstances that forced us to abandon them. But I always point out that you’re going to pick up (and actually do).
- What courses or seminars you’ve done in the last year?
Companies want to see if the candidate is recycled, if you care about professionally improve and increase their value. They do not like conformism. If you have not done recently courses have to give a positive response to the message: has not been able to do for the intensity of work in which we were busy but it now has in mind (and it truly). It can also be noted if it has been formed in internal courses in their previous companies or even tools or techniques that have been acquired informally (outside of course, in the daily work).
- What areas do you think you would need to retrain?
With this question the recruiter wants the candidate perform an exercise in self-analysis. What handiest, if the languages are not a key and essential in the position for which you opt, it ie you have to improve the level of English or other languages. In Spain the general average is usually not optimal and almost always be improved in this respect. It is a response to not have to affect other gaps or shortcomings that may be considered more important by the interviewer. Of course, you always have to explain that they are already putting or will provide the means to improve it. Never answer issues that may be grounds for dismissal because of its importance for the position to which you choose.
- Tell me about your last job, what were you doing, what was your role?
In this issue we must try to lead the description of our previous professional occupations in those areas or tasks that are more related to the position you are choosing. This is convince him that we are the best candidate for that position.
- What experience do you have in relation to this job?
As in the previous question, we must highlight those tasks or responsibilities that we have played better before and that can be perceived by the interviewer to take up employment effectively by being competing in the selection process.
- What has been the most boring job you’ve had? How did you made?
This question should never answer similar work to those who will serve in employment that is being chosen, but those that have no relationship with him.
- What it was the most interesting job you’ve had?
Unlike the previous it is noteworthy those related to the occupation that aspirational or not highlight that have nothing to do with it.
- What are the aspects of your previous company with those who were under?
This is one of the sensitive questions in a job interview. We must try to go through it on tiptoe. Never criticize directly to the address of your former company or its business policy. But we need not agree with everything if we want to be credible because almost everyone has some disagreement with these aspects.
You can answer, for example, that you were not very happy with the policy of internal promotion or some other issue that is related to your career change, but never referring to any particular person in your previous company and without delving being politically correct. For example, “my previous company did not evolve with the market.”
- How do you update a professional level? Tell me something new that you had to learn recently.
It may be noted knowledge or skills that have been acquired in recent training courses or in the performance of the previous work.
- What was your relationship with your boss, peers, peers or colleagues or subordinates?
should not enter attacks, criticism or personal attacks towards them and always point out the positive aspects, while recognizing that in day to day can always arise small differences to be credible in the response. But without delving into those issues that may be more negative.
- Why did you leave the company or why you got fired?
When it is carrying out a professional change an outgoing message to explain very briefly the reasons that lead us to make that decision must be constructed. This is the message that will move the interviewer in this question. should not respond extemporaneously. The message must be very professional, to give a feeling of being very motivated and not emotionally touched. They should not be criticism of the old company, former heads or ex-partners.
- How long have you been unemployed?
As throughout the interview must say the truth even if we have been a long period in unemployment, noting that another what we have done during that time (active job search, job interviews or selection procedures, training, etc. ). It can also refer to poor labor market situation greatly hindering access to work and further justify those long periods of inactivity.
- Why have you changed jobs so often?
Those professionals in your resume reflect lots of career changes should think this answer because the interviewer is trying to investigate her if we are a bird of bad seat. If so, it is feared that soon we will also be leaving your organization, something companies want to avoid because staff selections are expensive.
If it is something that can be explained by the characteristics of your job or sector, because it is characterized by temporality, substitutions, project work, etc., must be indicated to justify these constant changes.
If you have not been so, we must never answer that has been in search of a better salary. And avoid giving the feeling that there is no compromise with the companies in which you work. It may be noted that there have been opportunities for personal development that you have emerged and you had to take advantage, but always with a very positive approach.
- What reasons do you attribute your promotions within the company?
This question must answer yes to both professional skills, technical component of the work, as personal. Currently, not only looking for a kind of professional, but also a kind of person. And above all, it is noted that due to effective performance of your work, achieving goals or have reached a certain return. If they are specified and quantified these achievements, the better.
- How did you get your last job?
Actually what the interviewer wants to know this issue is your level of proactivity. Of course you have to tell the truth, as in all questions, whether it was through a contact or otherwise, but always trying to reflect a proactive approach by us when to get it.
- Why have you been so long in the same position and the same company?
If working for many years in the same position and company, it should be emphasized that you have been changing as did the company, new products, new markets, changes in size, structure … If there has been no transformation, you can argue that loyalty and stability is valued, total and long-term commitment to a professional project in which it is created.
- Why has satisfied his age with such low wages?
It is another matter to destabilize the interviewee, another killer question. You can answer: “I have always thought that it is necessary to be used to gain experience and the most appropriate way forward skills. This can be seen rewarded with a salary increase sooner or later “. It is also possible to end with a question: “How much you would have to be my current salary esteem?”.
- His last post was his best work?
This is a very controversial question, another killer question. If the candidate chooses to respond with a “no doubt” appear to his best work has passed. But if you answer with a “no, my best work is yet to come”, can give the impression that you have not given everything in your previous positions. So to cover both orientations. One option is to respond always try to give the best and the best time career is now.
The company and the position
- What do you know about us?
It is very important information about the company you are interviewing before attending this appointment. Find information about your corporate culture, its history and track record, on their products or services. Arguably, it is time to make a little ball to the recruiter. What he is testing this issue is the degree of interest that the candidate has for that job.
- ¿What do you think would be your duties if you were hired for us?
Our questioner wants to check whether or not you have an erroneous vision of the position you are choosing, if you do overestimate or infravaloras. As indicated, therefore, it is to stick in our response to the job description to which we had access through the job posting or contacts prior to the interview. We should not assume anything, n imagine, assume or add functions or responsibilities.
- Do not you think that this position is greater than those who have previously occupied?
Obviously, not like a candidate with a former professional level lower than the position to which you choose. The best in these cases is to rely on to note that this position is the one you want and you want to take now, and you can bring … and again point out your strengths. Stress that motivates you, what you like and you’re prepared for it. This is another of the so – called killer question.
- Do not you think that this position is less than those who have previously occupied?
With the employment crisis in our country, it is becoming more usual for candidates opting to lower positions that have played previously or their level of training. This is not like in some companies because they think they may have a budding frustrated employee.
It is very important to control non-verbal communication and facial expression in this kind of issues and respond as slowly as possible. An example might be: “This does not have to be an impediment; On the contrary, I think it is beneficial for the company and for me. The work is very complicated and there are no people overqualified for any job. I sincerely believe that this is a good opportunity for me. ” No need to decant and, as in the previous question, affect that position responds to what you want, motivates you, you like and you’re prepared for it and point out your strengths.
The biggest concern behind this question is whether the candidate will leave planted his new company as soon as you present a better opportunity, so all showing sincerity in commitment, can help. This is another killer question.
- If selected for this position, what actions will be carried out during the first week to improve?
This is also killer question. That is, the difficult questions and more stress generated in the candidates interviewed. It is therefore important that we prepare the response before the appointment and have a very clear idea of what we will answer
- What degree of availability have to make trips long or short term, or even a change of residence to another city or country?
This question must be answered exactly what you think. If not, you will soon be known and may arise problems and can be removed from the company in the trial period of the contract.
- What kind of leader you want to work?
It should be noted that a participatory and democratic leader. So it does not matter whether or not our future boss, that is information that can hardly have before starting work at the time of the interview. We want to be credible and nobody likes an authoritarian boss. In addition, we can use to transfer him back to positive aspects of our understanding of the work: we want a command that makes them feel part of a team, project or company, and so on.
- What are your financial claims?
We must avoid talking about economics or working conditions of the post in the first steps of the selection process. That needs to be addressed in the final stages, when you have a real chance of being elected.
But if you ask the question, you must answer it, you can not answer you’d rather not talk about it yet. Yes, you should do it by a fork, never a specific number, and always in annual gross, not net monthly which gives a feeling of unprofessionalism. That fork should be: the minimum wage below that which you are not willing to work, adding 1,000 per year; and its split high, adding to that amount 5,000 or 6,000 euros. It should be a fork that is in line with what is rewarding that position in the market and it is always good to note that it is willing to negotiate that amount, for example, if you have other social benefits or remuneration in kind.
- What if you fired within two years?
It is best to answer this question killer with a positive and serene way vision. I must say, for example, does not have to happen; and that if it happens, after two years in the company have improved the experience and preparation for the labor market will have.
- Why do you want to work in this company?
They should never noted their economic conditions or issues such as the duration of the holiday or the proximity to the candidate address. You have to refer to aspects such as company culture, development possibilities … is another time to take flowers to the company you want to work.
- What is it that attracts you to this job?
As in the previous pegunta, not good indicate issues related to working conditions or wage issues. It should be noted aspects related to the nature of that position.
- What is your main source of motivation? What motivates you in a job?
It happens as in the two previous questions. Never emphasize remuneration or working conditions issues, but aspects such as professional development, the opportunity to learn, to feel part of a company or project team, and so on.
- Where would you like to see in five years?
Although professional growth aspirations have no need to raise them too in answers to questions of this type. the message must focus on our priority and motivation now it is to incorporate us into the position offered, although obviously we have our desires for professional development as usual. It is realistic and not too ambitious.
- Why should I hire you to you?
It is time to re-emphasize our strengths, especially those who can differentiate you from other candidates, and accompany them with real situations that you have lived and show those capabilities.
- Are you participating in another selection process? What company?
If you find yourself immersed in gold selection process must be said, but pointing out that this job interests you the most. What is not due to name the other company. We can answer that we have requested confidentiality and the interviewer will understand, discrete people seek.
- What is your marital status? Have children? How do you organize your time?
It is better to answer these questions, if you do not seem to want to hide something negative. But making it clear that personal and professional life are different plots and there should be no interference in one another.
- How can you combine work with family care?
Again we must make it clear that they are different plots and meet with one and another. You organize so they do not affect each other. Do not take problems home from work or from work to home.
- Do you intend to become pregnant?
It’s a killer question that women sometimes done in a strip usual for mothers age.
It is a thorny issue and the line that distinguishes when the question is out of place is very diffuse. is best to stay, politely, in the field of business, but if you is done by clearly be answered objectively and diplomatic as possible, and you can even indicate that “not just me feeling comfortable with this question, but it is important for the selection process try to answer. ”
In that case, simply answer naturally, without further explanation, that short-term (one year) does not come into your plans (if it is really so).
- What are your hobbies or sports do you practice?
This question can be answered almost anything, except those that can be very risky or too rare or project a negative image of you.
- When can you start working with us?
The sooner the better. You can answer that immediately or, in any case, in a couple of days to organize your new professional life.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SKILLS
Autonomy / initiative
- What makes when a decision must be made and there is no procedure in this regard?
This question is posed by the interviewers to test our capacity for initiative or level of conformism of the candidate. The answer must be oriented to show that we are able to propose actions, ideas, solutions.
- What do when having difficulty solving a problem?
The ideal answer would explain that first thing we do in these cases it is to analyze the situation to see what is happening and according to this analysis establish a plan of action.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail