Mr. Oghene Emma-Egoh who raised the motion, said the technical issues experienced during the computer based tests, has dashed the hopes of students who aspire to further their education.
The House of Representatives has ordered the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to scrap its computer-based Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Punch reports that the lawmakers asked the examination body to return to the old pen and paper method.
Reports also say that the Reps suggested that JAMB should give students the option of sitting for the computer based, or the pen and paper exam.
A lawmaker, Mr. Oghene Emma-Egoh who raised the motion, said the technical issues experienced during the computer based tests, has dashed the hopes of students who aspire to further their education.
Emma-Egoh said “The House is worried that already, serious admission problem is rocking the nation because JAMB receives huge allocation from the Federal Government, they charge candidates all manner of fees and majority of the candidates do not gain admission because of the technical hitches of the CBT.”
The lawmaker also gave an instance saying “Foluke, the 17-year-old girl in Ejigbo-Lagos, scored an aggregate of 156 in the first result, while in the result that later came out, she had an aggregate of 196.”
You will recall that some students who sat for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination converged at the Lagos State House of Assembly, Alausa-Ikeja, on Tuesday, March 15, 2016, to protest over alleged inconsistencies in their examination results.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000