Here is to inform the general public that Chevening Scholarships Application Form for Postgraduate Studies is Out. Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Chevening Scholarships in Nigeria are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Nigeria can choose any course of study, but we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Agricultural research
- Environmental science
- Financial services
- Good governance
- Human rights
- Humanitarian crises
- Infectious disease
- Job creation
- Power generation
- Prison services
- Science and innovation
- Small scale businesses
A Chevening Scholarship in Nigeria includes:
University tuition fees (Chevening applies a tuition fee cap of £18,000 to MBA programmes). Applicants will be expected to cover the remaining costs above the £18,000 cap)
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- Homeward departure allowance
- A thesis grant
- A grant for study materials
- Study travel allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Two references to be provided in a letter format and written in English
Valid passport/national ID card
University transcripts (undergraduate, postgraduate)
Three different UK Master’s course choices.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
a) A full Chevening Scholarship normally comprises:
- Payment of tuition fees (see point 1.2.a in relation to MBA fee caps)
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A departure allowance
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required
- A travel top up allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review. Stipend payments will be made to you on or around the 21st of the month for the following full month. Where you arrive in the UK or leave the UK part way through the month, the stipend for that month will be adjusted as appropriate.
How to Apply:
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- English language test results(if already met the requirements)
- UK master’s university offer (if already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 13 July 2017. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
Application Deadline: November 8th 2016
» Buy & Download Original Post UTME Past Questions and Answers (Up-to-Date):
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter : Click here to Apply!
» Get your JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it: Click here to Apply!
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000