Students of the College of Education, Ipetu Ijesa Campus of the Osun State University protested the new policy of no tuition no examination which was introduced on Monday. It gathered that the students started their first semester examination and the new policy prevented many of them from writing the examination.
Some of the students, it was gathered were prevented from writing some courses on Monday but the students rejected the policy on Tuesday and disrupted the examination.
A student told our correspondent that the irate students locked the main gate of the university and prevented lecturers from going out after the protest had started.
Some of the students told our correspondent that they could not pay because the state government was owing their parents salaries. They said the schools used to allow them to write exams and after that, students would pay but it was surprising that the policy was now changed when the state government had stopped paying salaries.
The management, it was gathered invited policemen to come and quell the protest and this nearly resorted into a fracas.
The armed policemen are still in the school to prevent breakdown of law and order.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
Tags: COE Ipetu Ijesa