Following the efforts of the Federal Ministry of Education in reducing the workload of primary and junior secondary pupils, it was learnt that subjects like Christian Religious Studies (CRS) and Islamic Religious Studies (IRS),Civic Education, Social Studies, and Security Education will now be merged into one compulsory subject known as Religion and National Values (RNV).
This move has attracted mixed reactions from Nigerians. While some see it as a welcomed development, others see it a move in the wrong direction.
According to one commenter, “this plan will fail in core northern states because no teacher will dare teach an Almajiri about Jesus Christ that will not have his head on a pike the next day.”
“It will faill in SS/SE because No teacher there will be able to teach students Qur’anic education because they don’t even know it and will NEVER learn it.”
“It will be a success in the SW because of religious tolerance that they espouse.”
Whats your take on this?
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000