The Delta State Universal Basic Education Board has reportedly relieved the Head teacher of Ojojo Primary School in Warri South Local Government Area of the state, Mrs. Konboye Mowoe, of her position for allegedly extorting money from pupils.
Confirming the development, the Executive Chairman of the Board, Mr. Sunny Ogwu, said the headmistress had been directed to hand over the administration of the school to her assistant, Miss Sule Taibat who in charge of academics, with immediate effect.
According to Ogwu, the decision of the board was informed by the overwhelming evidence against the headmistress.
He disclosed that on enquiry, the pupils alleged that they were not given school uniforms after they had made payments.
The Chairman described the action of some of the pupils who attended classes in mufti as ‘absurd.’
The pupils, when asked how much they paid to the authority of the school, claimed they paid N1, 500 for school uniform and N2, 500 for other levies making a total of N4, 000, The Punch gathered.
Meanwhile, the embattled head teacher explained to the chairman that the school was collecting N1, 500 from pupils for school uniform, another N1, 500 for inter-house sports and N750 per pupil as PTA levy.
She allegedly stated that she got authority to collect the levy from the PTA of the school.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000