The Enugu State government is making moves towards solving the issue of poor performance of students in the state during external examinations.
The Commissioner for Education, Professor Uche Eze, while confirming this in Enugu, said the government had introduced a uniform end-of-session examination in all schools in the state to check the continuous poor performance of students in external examinations.
He added that the state government had not been satisfied with performance of the students and making this move is the best way to make the right changes to the educational sector.
Eze alleged that the situation could be as a result of teachers who are not committed to their jobs.
“We have observed that many teachers no longer cover their curriculum for the term and when they fail, students will be at a disadvantage. Therefore, we have introduced a mechanism to monitor those who renege in covering their curriculum and this transcends both public and private schools. We shall commence uniformed end-of-session examination from primary three to Senior Secondary three in all schools across the state from next academic session,” he said.
Eze said that the state government was poised to providing a befitting learning environment and had awarded contracts for the construction and renovation of 300 classroom blocks across the state.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000