How are you preparing for the exams? See How you can Score above 300 in your upcoming PUTME exams
This is to inform all UTME and Direct Entry (DE) candidates who have applied for admission into the Federal University of Technology (FUT) Minna for the 2013/2014 academic session that the University has scheduled the University Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE), hitherto referred Post-UTME, to hold at the University Main Campus, Gidan Kwano, Minna, as follows:
|DATES||First and Second Choice UTME (most Preferred University)||Direct Entry (most preferred University)|
|Commencement date for online registration:||00.01hrs on Wednesday 17th July, 2013||00.01hrs Thursday, 29th August, 2013.|
|Close of online registration:||12:00hrs midnight on Wednesday 31st July, 2013.||12:00hrs midnight on Saturday, 7th September, 2013|
|Dates of screening exercise:||First Choice: 2nd – 3rd August, 2013||11th to 12th September, 2013|
|Second Choice: 5th – 6th August, 2013|
Candidates are hereby notified that the screening exercise shall be conducted using the Computer- Based Test (CBT) platform.
- Only UTME and DE candidates who selected FUT Minna as their First or Second Choice most preferred University are eligible for the screening exercise.
- UTME Candidates MUST have scored NOT LESS than the indicated minimum scores for various Schools/Courses/Programmes in the 2013 UTME as shown below:
|Agriculture and Agricultural Technology||Agricultural Economics and Extension Technology, Animal Production, Crop Production, Food Science and Nutrition, Horticulture, Soil Science,Water Resources, Aquaculture and Fisheries Technology||
|Engineering and Engineering Technology||Agricultural and Bioresources Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering||
|Entrepreneurship and Management Technology||Entrepreneurship and Business Studies, Project Management Technology, Transport Management Technology||
|Building Technology, Surveying and Geo-informatics, Urban and Regional Planning, Quantity Surveying||
|Information and Communication Technology||Computer Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering||
|Computer Science, Cyber Security Science, Information and Media Technology||
|Natural and Applied Sciences||Biochemistry, Microbiology||
|Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Geography, Physics, Mathematics/Statistics, Geology||
|Technology Education||Industrial and Technology Education, Mathematics Education, Physics Education, Geography Education, Biology Education, Chemistry Education, Library Information Technology||
- Candidates MUST meet the minimum UTME scores for their chosen courses, have the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure and the requisite ‘O’ Level subjects at credit level.
- However, candidates who do not meet any of the above requirements will be allowed to change to any other course whose requirements are met by the candidates. The Change of Course will attract a processing fee of N1,000 payable at the screening venue.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to their proposed courses.
- Only ‘O’ Level result print-outs downloaded directly from the website of the national examining bodies (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or photocopies of the original certificate(s) will be accepted for verification. copied from www.examsguru.net
- Candidates awaiting result at any level will be allowed to participate in the Post-UTME exercise but MUST submit such results not later than 15th August, 2013. For submission of such results, candidates are to go back to their registration page on the University website to update their records.
For the list of relevant subjects for each course/programme, check the homepage of our website.
NOTE: Any false declaration could lead to a candidate’s disqualification at any stage of the admission process.
Method of Registration: First Choice Registration
1. Click on ‘2013/2014 Post-UTME’
2. On the page that appears, click on ‘Post-UTME First Choice Login’
3. Enter you JAMB registration number, Enter one of your names, Click on ‘Login’
4. On a page that appears, you are required to upload your recent passport (in JPG format)
5. Choose another course from the list of departments if your UTME score does not meet the minimum required for the course registered with JAMB.
Note: The system automatically detects if you have the required UTME subject combination and the minimum score for the programme selected.
6. Click on ‘Proceed to payment gateway’
7. Confirm your entries
8. Click on the payment page button to proceed to payment gateway
9. Payment is done through Debit Card (MasterCard, Verve, or Interswitch mag stripe)
10. Enter ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CW2 i.e. the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
Note: This automatically debits N2,250
11. If payment is successful, the screen will display all the data you previously entered
12. Click on the print button to print the document
13. Keep the printout and take to the Post-UTME screening venue.
Second Choice Registration
- Click on the link“2013/2014 Post-UTME Second Choice” on the University Home Page
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number, course registration with JAMB and the UTME score
- Click on ‘Login’ button to enter the registration page
- On the registration page, you are required to ‘fill out you data’ marked with red asterisks.
- Choose another course from the list of departments if your UTME score does not meet the minimum required for the course registered with JAMB.
- Upload passport photograph (in JPG format)
- Click the ‘Save’ button to continue
- Confirm your entries
- Click on the “Payment page’ button to proceed to payment gateway
- Payment is done through Debit Card (Master Card, Verve, or Interswitch mag stripe)
- Enter the ATM Debit card details – (Card number, Expiry date, CW2 i.e. the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
- Click ‘Pay’
Note: This automatically debits N2,250 only
- If payment is successful, the screen will display all the data you previously entered.
- Click on the ‘Print’ button to print the document
- Keep the printout and take to the Post-UTME screening venue.
Requirements for the Screening Exercise
All eligible candidates are required to come on the date indicated on their scheduling slip. Candidates are to report at the Suleiman Kumo Convocation Square at the University Main Campus, Gidan-Kwano along Minna-Bida road with the following: copied from www.examsguru.net
- A clean copy of the 2013/2014 UTME result slip affixed with a recent coloured passport photograph and with the title of the course/programme of choice boldly written on top of the result slip.
- The printed 2013/2014 University Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (UPASE) scheduling slip.
- A writing material (biro or pencil).
- A simple calculator (non-programmable) without cover.
- No candidate will be allowed to participate in the screening exercise without complying with the above requirements.
- The Main Campus at Gidan Kwano along Minna-Bida road is about 20 km away from the Bosso Campus of the University, which is inside Minna town. Candidates without personal vehicles may board commercial buses at the rate of N50 to N70 at the Bosso Campus of the University.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring GSM handsets or similar electronic gadgets into the screening hall. Such item(s) will be seized and will not be returned to the owners.
- Impersonation is a serious offence and anyone caught impersonating will be handed over to the law enforcement agents.
- Any registered candidate who fails to report for the screening exercise on the date and time specified on the print-out automatically loses his or her chance of being screened for admission.
- Candidates are advised to arrive at the convocation square at the Main Campus, Gidan Kwano on the scheduled date for the screening exercise at least one hour prior to the scheduled time on their slips.
Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Subscribe to FREE Email Alert! by Mail. We will be sending you free updates daily.