Members of the Nigerian Female Students Association reportedly stormed the National Assembly (Senate) Abuja, to show their unflinching support to the Bill for a law prescribing five-year jail term for lecturers sexually harassing female students.
Led by president of the association, Miss Idongesit Micah, the students expressed great delight that the Bill has passed through second reading in the floor of Senate.
Speaking with the sponsor of the Bill, Senator Ovie Omo Agege, Micah cited recent cases of Queens College, Yaba, Lagos, University of Calabar and so on, where female students were sexually assaulted.
She added that a lot of female students have drop out of school, end up with low grades while some fail respective courses and don’t speak up for fear of stigmatization, backlash, character assassination, victimization, among others.
In response, the Students’ Union Government President, University of Benin, Miss Lauretta Obakpolo, thanked the Distinguished Senator for taking up the plight of Nigerian Female Students and urged all and sundry to support the Bill.
Others who made remarks were Fatima Muhammad of University of Abuja, Omofon Mark, Vice President, Students’ Union Government, University of Uyo.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More