The Federal University of Technology, Minna, has expelled 700 students for various offences ranging from bad behaviour to poor academic performance in the 2015/2016 academic session.
Akanji said the majority of the students were expelled due to low academic performance and anti-social behaviour.
According to him, the university has cancelled the practice of awarding pass mark for first degree courses, while the score has been raised. Consequently, most of those expelled did not score above 1.5 out of a possible GPA of 5.0.
He said the university hopes to reduce the high rate of failures recorded last year, adding that tutorial lecturers from the Postgraduate School would be engaged to assist the students.
The vice-chancellor, however, advised the matriculated students as well as all the students to be committed to their studies, urging them to shun examination malpractice, cultism, theft, and illicit drug use, adding that the university had set up the Committee Against Anti-Social Activities to monitor students who engage in anti-social behaviour.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More