IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce
producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Foreman, Heavy Equipment
Ref No: Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2016-042
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the heavy equipment superintendent by coordinating and receiving work assigned for maintenance services
- Keep down time very low by constant inspection of equipment, diagnose and repair of mechanical defects/failures in various heavy/earth moving equipment including diesel and petrol powered trucks and other mechanical equipment used in utility work;
- Assist in spot checking equipment for optimum performance and make necessary repairs to equipment prior to use and ensure adequate availability of these equipment;
- Assist in keeping complete records for equipment and spare part in stock for repairing purposes;
- Monitor activities of subordinate staff in the section;
- Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance and safety inspection for equipment and trucks with the assistance of Heavy Equipment Superintendent;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/BSc in Mechanical Engineering with at least Three (3) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must;
- Be experienced in repairs/overhauling and maintenance of all kinds of earth moving equipment, heavy duty trucks, generators and tractors.
- Have good team working and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail