International Potato Center (CIP) is a not-for-profit international agricultural research organization with a global mandate to conduct research on genetic resources of potatoes, sweet potatoes, and other Andean roots and tubers, crop genetic enhancement and improvement, integrated crop management and sustainable management of natural resources.
International Potato Center (CIP) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Seed Systems Consultant
- The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a consultant with global experience in managing and facilitating seed systems activities with special focus on multiple biofortified crops including orange-fleshed sweet potato, vitamin A yellow cassava, vitamin A orange maize and high iron beans.
- This consultancy contract is for 10 working days spread over the period September to December 2016, with possibility of extension, subject to performance and availability of funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will work closely with CIAT, CIMMYT, CIP, IITA and Harvest Plus and the other consortium partners to coordinate the seed systems activities, synthesize seed systems progress reports and support capacity development activities as called upon. The specific activities include to:
- Work with the seed experts under BNFB to ensure effective networking, collaboration and communication to facilitate a strategic focus on mainstreaming bio fortification into country breeding programs;
- Synthesize the respective commodity based seed systems progress reports and develop consolidated seed systems progress reports.
- Provide input to the seed systems partners’ needs assessment exercise and subsequent capacity development response strategy.
- Work with the seed systems experts to define the terms of reference for seed systems platforms in Nigeria and Tanzania.
- Act as the ‘secretary’ to the seed systems platform, and ensure that meetings are scheduled regularly by rotating conveners. The platform will provide the opportunity to deliberate on topical cross-cutting seed systems issues, develop implementation strategies, associated work plans and agree on appropriate division of labor. The platform will also provide opportunities for monitoring and learning;
- Academic Qualifications: Relevant PhD degree with specialization in Plant breeding, Agronomy, Seed technology or related fields;
- Global expertise: Relevant work experience in international organizations or NGO’s in multi-cultural environments is required.
- Language: Proven communication skills in English.
- Experience: Extensive experience in developing seed systems in selected commodity value chain and strengthening seed supply chain, with a focus on (seed and grain) market development and commercialization;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000