The agitations from candidates may have started yielding fruits as the House of Representatives has asked the Federal Ministry of Education to direct the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to revert to pencil-paper method in the conduct of UTME or adopt both PPT and CBT so that candidates can opt for any one of their choice.
This followed a motion moved by a lawmaker from Lagos State, Mr. Oghene Emma-Egoh, on the “conflicting” scores of candidates who took the examination.
The law maker stressed that the technical errors experiences during the examination has invariably dashed the hopes of many of these candidates in gaining admission this year.
The law maker further pointed to two cases of conflicting results. One is that of Ibrahim Shawulu from Kogi State, who was said to have scored 399 out of 400, and in less than 24 hours his score was reduced to 199.”
Another is that of Foluke, the 17-year-old girl in Ejigbo-Lagos, who scored an aggregate of 156 and when the result was checked again she had an aggregate of 196.”
Based on these and other technical flaws that marred the conduct of the 2016 UTME, the house of Representatives is of the opinion that JAMB does not have what it takes to manage the Computer Based Test.
Meanwhile the whole scenario is filled with agitations and protest demanding for the sacking of the jamb registrar.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money from MMM Nigeria 50% Interest Help
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail