He made this known during the second technical committee meeting on “2016 Admissions to Tertiary Institutions” which was held at the Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri.
According to him, many institutions who were part of the decision to adopt the 180 minimum benchmark especially the new ones are finding it difficult to admit candidates and have asked for a waiver to enable them admit candidates that scored below 180 in 2016 UTME.
He added that following the plea by the affected institutions, the board forwarded their plea to the appropriate authorities and has received a green light on flexible cut-off mark only for institutions, which have exhausted the list of candidates with 180 above. However, this will be subject, to a minimum acceptable to JAMB and meeting of other pre-requisite.
This means that all hope is not lost for candidates who did not score up to 180 in 2016 UTME as they can still be considered for admission.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000