Jigawa State has concluded arrangement to employ 100 medical doctors by next year with a view to addressing the existing manpower gap in the health sector, the commissioner for health Dr. Abba Zakari has said.
The commissioner dropped the hint yesterday while receiving a delivery van donated to the state government by a pharmaceutical company, JAWA International Ltd in Dutse, the state capital.
Dr. Zakari stated that if it becomes necessary to recruit such personnel from outside the country, Bangladesh would be the first choice to be considered because only consultants
may be recruited from a foreign country.
According to him, the employment would not only be limited to medical doctors as statistics for the recruitment of nurses, midwives and community health workers had also been compiled, saying the sum of N750 million had been budgeted for the procurement of medical equipments.
“We want to employ more than 100 doctors in the coming year. We will also employ additional nurses, midwives and community health workers. “Part of what we plan to do is to look at
medical equipment. Government has already budgeted about N750 million and hopefully, we will soon start the process of equipment procurement.
Among the equipment will be dialysis machines,” he stated.
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter : Click here to Apply!
» Get your JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it: Click here to Apply!
» Buy & Download Original Post UTME Past Questions and Answers (Up-to-Date):
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000