Learning is affected by many factors, from environmental characteristics (such as light, temperature or noise) to emotional traits (such as motivation and responsibility). In this article we invite you to learn your learning style and ideas to help you study better.
Surely you can check it yourself: when you study, your learning is affected by many factors. From environmental characteristics (such as light, temperature or noise) to emotional traits (such as motivation and responsibility). The “learning style” of each person, according to the school is neurolinguistic programming (NLP) the preferred way everyone has to grasp, remembering, imagining or teach a specific content.
For PNL, it is essential when choosing our way to learn if the content is better internalize acquired through eye, ear or body in general. Most of us use one of these more sensitive than other channels and this gives rise to three basic learning styles: visual, auditory and kinesthetic (the most common). For example, if we try to think of a city we have visited once, some better remember the look of their buildings (visual), other name (auditory), other heat or cold it was when we were there (kinesthetic).
To Mariluz Yanez, basic education professor at the University Blas Cañas, magister in school management at the University of Development and academic faculty of education at the Universidad Alberto Hurtado, the main thing is that you always have “learning experiences”. That is, that teaching is not simply that the teacher will deliver information and you simply receive it, but drenches you what you’re seeing, smelling, touching, listening, or perceiving in general.
The teacher stresses that experience is the most important and effective without artificial situations where, for example, through a computer simulated animal sounds or they are displayed geometric figures virtually. Instead, they might be listening, watching and touching the animals, as well palpating forms of these geometric figures and recognizing each of its sides and its contours.
Therefore, it is important is that you as students will express to your teacher what is the learning style that most suits them, so that she or he prepares his classes with materials that fit their intellectual abilities and enable them to you you grasp the information in a much more dynamic and effective way.
Read Also: 100 Tips to Pass any Exam with flying colors
Ideally, your teacher could propose to create a space outdoors with “learning experiences”. For example: go to observe a situation linked to everyday life, with the life experience. Observe and look at a landscape, a painting, a visual record of a situation that you are teaching.
- preferably learn through visual contact with the educational material.
- Think in pictures; if that’s how you learn, then you are able to bring to mind a lot of information at once, so you have easier to absorb large amounts of information quickly.
- The habit of visualizing will help you establish relationships between different ideas and concepts, which will develop a greater capacity for abstraction.
- Visual representations of the material, such as graphics, pictures, films, posters and diagrams improve this type of learning.
- Videos, movies or computer programs also enhance this learning.
- Better remember what you’ve read what you’ve heard.
- The most efficient way to store information you have is visual (in a class with an overhead projector, for example, will prefer to read photocopies or transparencies to follow the oral explanation, take notes or to have something to read after).
- It is estimated that between 40% and 50% of the general population favors the visual learning style.
Visual auditory learning
You will feel comfortable if you comment, tell or explain the information. Also if you listen to different contexts: recordings, videos, interviews, or some situation “in situ”, for example, natural sciences, such as visiting an ecosystem and hear the sounds of nature.
- If you have further developed this type of learning, you learn educational material preferably listening.
- You think and remember sequential and orderly manner, so prefer oral content and assimilate better when you can explain it to someone else.
- Respond successfully to the style most common teaching in the school system, as you adapt easily to the format of the exhibition class.
- You have a great ability to learn languages and / or music.
- Cassettes and records, public discussions and readings aloud, improve your learning.
- Remember best what you hear what you read.
- Your way of storing information is transferred auditory to a visual medium (auditory storage is usually less efficient).
- It is estimated that between 10% and 20% of the general population favors the auditory learning style.
Make, develop and build your study material makes you better remember the content they teach you. If so, feels, touches textures, shapes determined, and that relate to what you’re learning.
- preferably learn to physically interact with the educational material.
- You need to learn to associate the contents with movements or bodily sensations. Thus, in an exhibition class, you can often balancees in your chair, you try to get up, or maybe you spend doodling or cartoons, etc.
- Your learning is slower, and you You play better in tasks of limited time and with frequent breaks.
- Physical activities, drawing and painting, laboratory experiments, role-playing games, improve your learning.
- You can remember better what you do rather than what you see or hear.
- Possess the least efficient way to store academic information and the best to store information that has to do with sports and artistic.
- It is estimated that between 30% and 50% of the general population favors kinesthetic learning style. This percentage increases in the male population.
Read Also: 8 Guidelines and tips to successfully Exam
As you can see, the different learning styles are not better or worse, but more or less effective for learning different contents. visual or auditory learners usually perform successfully in the school system, while kinesthetic students often have academic difficulties, as this learning style less considered in most classrooms.
In any case, each learning style indicates the preference for a particular perceptual channel, not exclusivity. The use of different perceptual channels can be strengthened with practice. In this sense, the ideal learning is the efficient use of the three channels and the ability to adapt the style predominant educational material and how it is presented.
To Mariluz Yáñez, which itself favors and makes teaching is optimal, it is when there is a professor who looks at you as a student, identify your interests and see, so, what form will be for your best course for learning. Situations where you are the most important individual, where your skills come into play and where you engage in the process, are the experiences that you get better.
It is not recommended that the teacher to prepare and transmit everything neatly, and that you, by your side, just listen to the informaición passively without reacting to it. The best thing is when you get involved, when for you is important, and when the teacher is attentive to your interests.
Read Also: Top 10 Tips to study well for an exam
“When it awakens in students have achieved a construct that goes directly directed to their cognitive processes,” says the professional.
“We must change the paradigm of memory, change the way we have always taught. The memory does not serve us and less packaging knowledge. It is necessary to realize the construction of what is taught and transform it into experience, being in continuous process construction “concludes Mariluz.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More
Tags: Learning Tips