Accxording to report reachingus, the Kogi State Polytechnic in Lokoja has been closed indefinitely. The Public Relations Officer of the school, Mr Luke Yakubu, told newsmen in Lokoja on Tuesday that the closure was to prevent loss of lives and property.
He directed all students, including those in hostels to vacate the school immediately.
Yakubu said management had no option than to take the action following violent protest embarked upon by the students earlier in the day to against the killing of their female colleague.
The female colleague was allegedly stabbed on the chest during a scuffle with a commercial motorcycle operator over N50 transport fare.
She died on Tuesday morning at the hospital where she was receiving treatment, a development which prompted the students to embark on protest.
The protest later degenerated as the students commandeered a truck carrying cement products and used it to block the Lokoja-Abuja highway.
According to eyewitnesses, the students later set the truck and two other vehicles and many motorcycles ablaze, a development which completely halted vehicular movement on the road for hours.
Many motorists abandoned their vehicles to take refuge in nearby houses and shops as police engaged the irate students.
Spokesman for police in the state, ASP William Aya, told newsmen that the situation had been brought under control.
He also said that no arrest was made as the police principally came to pacify the students to leave the highway.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
Tags: Kogi State Poly