A new Vice-Chancellor has been appointed in Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma by the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole. He is Professor Ignatius Akhakhia Onimawo. Until his appointment, Prof. I.A. Onimawo was a Professor of Biochemistry in the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.
The appointment which is for a period of five (5) years took effect from 11th May, 2016.
Prof. Ignatius Akhakhia Onimawo was born on the 20th of July, 1957 in Afowa, Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State. He attended St. James’ Grammar School, Afuze from 1972 – 1976 where he bagged his WASCE (Division One), 1976. With this feat, he was admitted into the Great University of Ibadan in 1977 for his B.Sc. in Agricultural Biochemistry and Nutrition where he graduated with a 2nd Class Upper Division in 1982.
In a quest for more academic laurel and prowess, he proceeded for his Masters programme and thereafter his Ph.D. programme in Human Nutrition (Nutritional Biochemistry) and obtained his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in 1985 and 1995 respectively, from the University of Ibadan.
In 2012, he bagged a Certificate in Professional Development in Nutrition (CPD).
Prof. Onimawo started his working career as a Lecturer III in the Science Technology Department of the Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State in 1983 and rose through the ranks to the Position of Chief Lecturer in 1999 before he left to join the services of Ambrose Alli University as a Senior Lecturer in 1999. In 2001, he left to take up an appointment with Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and rose to the rank of a Professor in that University in 2005.
As a Professor, he realized the need to contribute his quota to the development and progress of his State University, hence he returned home to rejoin the services of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma as a Professor in 2005.
As an academia of very high repute, he distinguished himself in areas of research and publications as follows:
- he has 116 publications both nationally and internationally with 20 (twenty) in nutritional research to his credit;
- he also attended several conferences and seminars/symposia locally and internationally presenting academic papers especially in scientific meetings;
- he attended numerous workshops and delivered Public Lectures globally in his chosen field;
- it is worthy of note that Prof. I.A. Onimawo received 27 (twenty seven) Awards, Honours and Recognitions at both local and international levels.
Prof. I.A. Onimawo also has veritable wealth of experience both in administrative and editorial matters. He was a one-time Dean, College of Applied Food Sciences and Tourism, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, 2006 – 2008; Head, Department of Biochemistry, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, 2009 – 2011; Director, Academic Planning, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, 2011 – 2012; National President, Nutrition Society of Nigeria, 2002 – 2006 and 2009 – 2012; Secretary General, Federation of African Nutrition Societies, International Organization of Nutritionist in Africa, 2011 – date; Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic, Federal Polytechnic, Idah from 1994 – 1998; Chairman, Senate Business Committee, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, 2008 – 2009; Editor–in-Chief, Nigerian Journal of Nutritional Sciences, 2006-2008; and Nigerian Annals of Sciences, 2000 – 2001 among others, too numerous to mention.
Prof. Onimawo is a pace-setter with a knack for being the best. For example, he came out in Division One during his Secondary School days; he came out with a Second Class Upper Division in his first Degree University education besides others.
He is a socialite and a good mixer who creates time in spite of his academic pursuits to engage in sports. He is a sprinter, footballer, Hockey player, Volley baller, Triple jumper and Ludo player. He equally creates time to serve his creator, the Almighty God. He is a good Catholic.
Prof. Ignatius A. Onimawo is happily married to his lovely and amiable wife and friend, Mrs. Jane Onimawo of the Department of Vocational and Technical Education, Faculty of Education, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma and they are blessed with three wonderful children.
We congratulate and rejoice with Prof. I.A. Onimawo and his family on this well deserved appointment as the Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive Officer of Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail