President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed the Ooni of Ife, Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi Ojaja ll, as the Chancellor of University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
A statement by the Director of Media, Ooni’s Palace, Moses Olafare, said the president made the appointment on Thursday.
“This appointment would develop further and enable the monarch to build more bridges of friendship most especially across the Niger,” he said.
Mr. Olafare commended President Buhari for recognising the Ooni’s efforts in promoting peace, unity among Nigerians.
He noted that Ogunwusi was ready to bring to bear his influence and connections to promote unity and harmonious working relationships in the university.
He further admonished Nigerians to promote issues that could foster unity to ensure speedy development rather than playing up their differences.
” It is incontrovertible today that Ooni Ogunwusi is a bridge builder and being the youngest chancellor appointed for the only university bearing ‘Nigeria’ is worth the celebration,” he said.
“His appointment as chancellor, University Of Nigeria, Nsukka is considered as a positive sign that can further enhance peaceful coexistence of our dear nation.”
Mr. Olafare disclosed that the appointment letter which was signed by the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, on behalf of the president, stated that the Ooni was chosen based on his wealth of experience and his capacity to manage men and resources.
He said the monarch would officially assume office on the 20th of February, 2016.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money from MMM Nigeria 50% Interest Help
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail