IN the bid to combat the menace of breast cancer and encourage its control and management, Nigeria, South Africa and the US, participated in an all-female polo tournament with special focus on creating awareness among at risk groups and individuals.
The event was the 2015 MTN African Patrons Cup Tournament African Patrons Cup Tournament – a 2-day polo tourney to mark the Pink Polo Day.
At the event, Wife His words, “Breast cancer, as we all know is one of the most common cancers. On behalf of the Nigerian women I would like to commend MTN for being a strong advocate against the breast cancer scourge.”
Speaking, Wife of the Kaduna State Governor, Hadiza Nasir El-Rufai, expressed optimism that the Pink Polo Day would draw awareness to the devastating effects of breast cancer in the country.
“We hope that well-meaning Nigerians, especially in the private sector, join hands against the challenge of breast cancer in Nigeria. The truth is, it is possible to defeat breast cancer. But it is a fight that requires collaborative effort. MTN has led the way and we charge others to join this fight. This is the only way, we can win the fight against the disease.”
Events and Sponsorship Manager, MTN Nigeria, Dola Bamgboye, who represented, the General Manager, Consumer Marketing,said m ammograms are critical for early detection thus lowering the risk of death from breast cancer.
“To complement efforts in the country to reduce death from this cancer, the MTN Foundation established six mammography centres and embarked on several awareness campaigns across the country.”
The mammography centres offering affordable breast cancer screening services, are located within public hospitals across the six geo-political zones includes; General Hospital Marina Lagos; Specialist Teaching Hospital Irrua Edo State; Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital Sokoto; Federal Medical Centre Nguru Yobe State; FMC, Lokoja Kogi State and University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu.
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter : Click here to Apply!
» Get your JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it: Click here to Apply!
» Buy & Download Original Post UTME Past Questions and Answers (Up-to-Date):
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More