The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter/NFI sectors. NRC is therefore seeking an ICT Officer in Abuja, Nigeria. The ICT Officer reports to the Logistics Manager.
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICT Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on ICT policies and procedures including hardware and software.
- Identifies ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions.
- Implement NRC filling system (electronic files) at country level
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
- Maintain an accurate asset register and ensure all items are properly tagged.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment’s.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report).
- Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software and other resources are made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Maintain an accurate asset management system and documentation at Country office level
- Adheres to NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes.
- Will also be Roving and providing NRC with internet setup in new bases.
- Will be providing other bases with ICT Support.
- Monitors, operates, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level…),
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- At least 2 years’ experience from working as an ICT Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Documented experience in related to network management
- Degree in Computer Science, ICT or related degree
- Professional qualification in Networking, Programming
- Masters will be an added advantage
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of Nigeria context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Commencement: ASAP
- Contract period: 2 month with possibility of extension
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application letter and updated CV’s to the following e-mail address: email@example.com The title of the position (ICT Officer – Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Any application received after the deadline stated above will not be considered
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000