Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: M&E Assistants (PEI Programme)
Location: Katsina, Nigeria
- To provide support to PEI and RI programs supported by CGPP. Ensuring the reduction of non-compliance families in the communities where we are working.
- Participate in all the CGPP program activities within the communities and primary health centres. Efficiently keeps filing cabinet in order with proper archiving of documents.
- And help in ensuring the M&E component of the project are kept in accordance with SCI and CGPP recommendation
- Responsible for direct implementation of all the Immunization (Routine Immunization and SIAs)
- Assist the project M&E officer in development of case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Supervise data input into the data tools and processes for checking data quality with partners.
- Support the updating of indicators in the database to enable the fulfillment of reporting obligations to donors.
- Ensure regular update of central data and proper documentation of programme data, for easy access for learning.
- Assist in routine data collection for each project site in the programme
- Assist in collections and collations of reports from the field sites.
- Participate in monitoring and quality assurance spot checks on each project site.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Training in Child Health and Immunization activities
- Minimm of 2 – 3 years of practical experience of working in an Immunization programme.
- Good understanding of Immunization Indicators
- Computer literacy (MS Office applications, Excel and Power Points, etc)
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SCI’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Fluency in English and Hausa (Spoken and Written) – This is a Community-based Position
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality Immunization programmes.
Desirable / Qualifications:
- BA / BSc, HND or Equivalent in Public Health; Registered Nurse / Midwife, Community Health and Epidemiology.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within diversified and multicultural setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ practical experience with working in Immunization or Child Health related Project with local and or International NGOs
- Familiar with Immunization Indicators
- Ability to work in partnership with Government and Development partners
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: For the purpose of this vacancy, qualified internal and Northern Nigerian indigenes are considered as first-tier candidates.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More