African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). Senior Nutrition Specialist – OSHD.3
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nutrition Specialist – OSHD.3
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
- The Human Development Department (OSHD) is in charge of the Bank’s interventions in the social sector (including education, health and social protection).
- The Department carries out its work within the overall goal of poverty reduction and in conformity with established Bank policies and strategies on education, health, and social protection.
- The Department includes three Divisions: (i) Health, (ii) Education, Science and Technology, and (iii) Poverty Reduction and Social Protection.
- Under the Human Capital Strategy (HCS) and the Long Term Strategy (LTS), the health division plays an important role in inclusive growth agenda in contributing to build the human capital of the most vulnerable in the poorest areas in the Regional Member Countries (RMCs).
- OSHD.3 is in charge of the development of the health agenda through specific interventions focus on health system strengthening and through the other sectors such as agriculture, infrastructure, water and sanitation, etc.
- In addition to that through the HCS, the cross cutting role of the health sector including HIV/AIDS, development of centers of disease control and nutrition through the other sector is key for the achievement of the inclusive growth agenda.
- Through the high five new vision of the Bank, OSHD.3 will also reposition the nutrition agenda under the “Feed for Africa” and “improve quality of life for the people of Africa”.
- OSHD.3 is also in charge of strengthening public private partnership through the pharmaceutical industry sector and building a critical human resource for health under the jobs for youth initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of the organizational unit and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent’s role includes but is not limited to:
- Establish and promote the Bank’s multisectoral nutrition agenda in coordination with the relevant sectors, including but not restricted to health, education, social protection, agriculture, water and sanitation, private sector and financial inclusiveness. Inter collaboration should be formalized through:
- Support the development, management and monitoring of the Bank’s nutrition specific interventions through the Human Capital Department;
- Support in the formulation and implementation of collaboration strategies to expand and deepen the Bank-wide nutrition agenda with key departments in both public and private sectors;
- Integration of the nutrition agenda as well as proper budgeting in the other sectors through lending operations;
- Support to the establishment of a nutrition multidonor Trust Fund that will be hosted by the Bank;
- Preparation of nutrition requests to be submitted for bilateral funds, and necessary management and follow up actions for the funds;
- Participation in the preparation of policy related documents.
Support the nutrition partnership at international, national and local level:
- Enhance the collaboration between the Bank and the key partners on nutrition and support the resources mobilization from multilateral/bilateral development institutions, donors and private sector institutions to complement the nutrition Bank Group’s operations;
- Represent the Bank at technical meetings on nutrition;
- Follow-up on execution of decisions and recommendations made at the international level on nutrition to keep the Bank up-to-date.
- Support study and capacity building interventions in nutrition;
- Periodically disseminate key information on nutrition to inform staff;
- Organize internal events on nutrition to ensure a good Bank wide understanding of nutrition;
- Analyze nutrition data;
- Support in the preparation of briefs, talking points, status reports for management and the board;
- Fulfill any other tasks required by management.
Selection Criteria (Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience)
- A minimum of a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in nutrition or public health with a focus on nutrition;
- A minimum of five (5) years of highly relevant professional experiences in nutrition, internationally and in Africa, with a deep knowledge of nutrition development issues and dynamics in Africa;
- Have strong understanding and grasp of multisectoral approaches of nutrition as well as nutrition management operations, partnerships in Africa, as well as professional ability to build partnerships and deliver services that meet both immediate needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution;
- Innovative ability to integrate nutrition through the other sectors;
- Have strong experience in project management and analytical work;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within very tight deadlines;
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP).
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More