The Osun State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps have apprehend a student of the National Open University, Osogbo Study Centre, Olusola Akinlotan for alleged fraud.
The suspect and other members of the gang were said to have been engaged in defrauding unsuspecting persons by arranging fake visas and travel documents for them.
The two other suspects, who were members of a fraud syndicate; Olayiwola Oladayo and Bolarinwa Adebayo, a.k.a. Dodo were also arrested by Civil Defence Corps
Akinlotan, who was said to have abandoned his studies at the university when he was declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, was, however, arrested on Monday when he approached NOUN to transfer his study centre to another location outside the state.
The suspects, according to a statement by the NSCDC, duped an Enugu based businessman, Nnamchi Nichodemus, of a sum of N700,000 through a dubious travelling transaction in November 2014.
The businessman was said to have been tricked into paying the said money into an account belonging to Akinlotan, who was promised a sum of N105,000.
The NOUN student was said to have immediately gone to the bank to collect the money through the Automated Teller Machine and the counter. He allegedly handed over the balance to Oladayo for onward transmission to Adebayo a.k.a. Dodo.
The statement read, “Akinlotan, who was arrested within the premises of the 0pen university, while trying to process his transfer of study centre to another location outside Osun State, led the NSCDC to the hideouts of the other two suspects.
“Desperate to get off the hook, the suspects offered bribe to the NSCDC officers who arrested them, but they turned down the bribe in line with the principle of the corps.
“The suspects have since been handed over to the EFCC by the state Commandant of the NSCDC, Tajudeen Balogun, for prosecution.”
» Buy & Download Original Post UTME Past Questions and Answers (Up-to-Date):
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter : Click here to Apply!
» Get your JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it: Click here to Apply!
» JAMB Change of Institution/Course: Click here to learn more!
Share this information with friends
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More
Tags: Arrested In Fraud Scheme