Students from the Bayelsa State-owned Niger Delta University (NDU), Saturday, protested the indefinite closure of the university following the inability of the state Governor, Mr. Seriake Dickson to pay backlog of workers’ salaries.
The students under the aegis of the Niger Delta Visionary Movement (NDVM) also knocked other students’ bodies such as the Student Union Government of Niger Delta University (SUG-NDU), National Union of Bayelsa state students (NUBSS) and the National union of Izon-Ebe Students (NUIS) describing them as puppets.
The aggrieved students in a statement signed by the Spokesman, NDVM, Mr. Wisdom Adike, threatened to march naked with their books and block the entrance to Government House if after a week the stakeholders failed to settle their rift and open the university.
Adike said: “We wish to bring to the notice of the general public, that the strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Niger Delta University Chapter on 26th April 2016, over nonpayment of salaries, have led to the shutdown of the institution for over 3 weeks now, which have continued to give parents and students great concern.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000