No fewer than fifty-two frustrated candidates who were supposed to be writing the ongoing National Examination Council (NECO) Examinations in Orhoakpor Secondary School, Ethiope East Local Government area of Delta State yesterday took to the streets to press home their anger. The school, Orhoakpor Secondary School was allegedly blacklisted from participating in the on-going examination…
The students were unable to write the exam due to the fact that their school has been allegedly blacklisted from participating in the on-going examination by NECO authority over its alleged involvement in examination malpractice.
A female teacher of the school has, however, denied this accusation, saying that NECO Officials bungled the schools channels during enrolment of the candidates for the Examination.
Trouble started last Friday, June 10, when the students who were supposed to have started their examination around 10:00am, disclosed there was no preparation for them and supervisors to conduct the examination were not on hand.
It was gathered that the disappointment angered the candidates who demanded to see the principal and the staff who enrolled them for the examinations and explain why the examination could not start.
The protesters reportedly took their protest to Isiokolo Divisional Police station of the area where they were urged to keep the peace to enable the school officials handle the matter. Narrating their plight to our correspondent, leader of the aggrieved candidates, Ukoh said they did their enrolment in the school sometime in March, 2016, adding that when they reported in the school for the exams, they were told that the exercise could not.
But the school principal who did not want her name in the print, said the police arrested the staff who enrolled the candidates, even as the police image maker in the state, Mrs. Celestina Kalu, confirmed that a staff was helping the police for investigation.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money from MMM Nigeria 50% Interest Help
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail