The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers. It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the job vacancy below:
Job Title: Laboratory Field Officer
- Collaborate with local counterparts and contribute to the improvement of the quality of the blood bank in the State Specialist Hospital, Maiduguri and to ensure safe laboratory practice is followed.
- Liaise with hospital staff to ensure specimen collection procedures are safe and accurate, with correct documentation.
- Train staff in collecting statistics, and ensure monthly laboratory statistics are accurate.
- Ensure the regular maintenance of lab equipment and ensure supplies and reagents are used correctly and economically.
- Compile clinical data from the blood bank
- Work with the hospital blood bank team to assist the hospital blood bank provide the optimal standard of support within guidelines provided by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health and ICRC
- Ensure all staff complete correct specimen documentation and registration.
- Ensure patient confidentiality procedures are maintained
- Certified Laboratory Technologist/Scientist, registered with the Laboratory Board
- Computer literate (Word, Excel…).
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience as blood bank/|Lab technologist
- Degree or equivalent qualification as a Haematologist/ Immuno-haematologist
- Team player
- Ability to provide both formal teaching sessions and informal on the job training.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate “Laboratory Field Officer Maiduguri” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 21st October, 2016.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail