A 10 year old, Basic 5 pupil of Grace Children School, Gbagada, Emeka Ilozor has emerged winner of the 2016 edition of ‘The Ultimate Mathematics Ambassador’ (TUMA) competition hosted by the Ambassadors Schools, Ota, Ogun State.
In a prize giving ceremony held at the College dome in Ota, Master Emeka was crowned the new king of Mathematics 2016, where he received a cash prize of 125,000 naira and a plaque. While 50,000 naira and a laptop was given to his teacher, as his school was given a printer and textbooks.
Ilozor who scored 93.5 percent became the overall best in a highly contested competition that featured over 1000 pupils from 349 Basic Schools in South West region with 10 other winners that scored the winning marks of 70 percent and above.
Other winners are David Adekunle of Lifecrown Private School, Abeokuta, second position, scoring 87 percent and Khalid Kolawole of St. Bernadette School, Gowon Estate, Ipaja, Lagos, third position with 84.5 percents scores. Both went home with 100,000 and 75,000 naira each with like manner incentives, while the rest 7 pupils among the ten winners got 15,000 naira each.
The Chairman, Ambassadors Group of Schools, Mr. Samson Osewa in an earlier speech, congratulated the winners and encourages them to see mathematics as simple and friendly. He disclosed that Maths students excel far better in all careers and profession and as a result, become sought after all over the world.
Meanwhile, the Director General, National Mathematical Centre, Abuja, Professor Adewale Solarin in his opening speech, emphasized the need for student teacher relationship especially in Mathematics and Science subjects in Nigerian primary and secondary Schools to eliminate phobia. He therefore, called on mathematics teachers to create seamless passion between themselves and students.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More
Tags: TUMA Competitions