According to report reaching the ExamsGuru Team, the University of Calabar, UNICAL is planning to raise N10bn endowment fund for School Facilities. The Vice-Chancellor, University of Calabar, Cross River State, Prof. Zana Akpagu, says the institution will raise N10bn to fund ongoing projects.
Akpagu, who stated this during the university’s 29th convocation ceremony, said finance and funding had become major challenges to effective and functional service delivery.
This came as a former governor of the state, Dr. Donald Duke, who received a doctoral award alongside an ex-presidential adviser, Senator Florence Ita-Giwa, pledged to contribute N50m towards the development of the school.
According to the vice-chancellor, the fund will be in use for new classrooms, offices, hostels, sports facilities, furniture, laboratories, and library resources, among others.
He said, “As is the case with most tertiary institutions, the question of finance and funding continues to pose one of the biggest challenges to effective and functional service delivery. As a result, the university intends to inaugurate N10bn endowment fund to help in funding these projects.”
Akpagu, who said the university honoured Ita-Giwa and Duke in recognition of their outstanding services to the development of the country, added that 12 persons graduated with first class this year.
Dedicating her award to the people of Bakassi, the former lawmaker said she would not relent in the emancipation of the citizens.
Duke, who said he turned down a similar offer from the university 13 years ago, commended the ivory tower for honouring him.
“I am indeed honoured by this distinction you have bestowed on us. The first time in the history of this institution that two Cross Riverians are receiving doctoral degree awards. I thank the authorities for the recognition.”
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money from MMM Nigeria 50% Interest Help
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail