The 2016 all Computer Based Test ( CBT) version of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) would not hold at the University of Lagos centre until March 7.
Dr Beatrice Okorie, the Coordinator of JAMB National Head quarters Annex, Lagos, told journalists that this was because of the institution’s 2014/2015 convocation that would start on Monday , Feb.29 with the convocation lecture.
The convocation will run till March 3, she said.
Okorie had ,however, commenced the conduct of candidates during the examinations for being peaceful and seamless.
According to her, candidates at the Yaba College of Education centre where she monitored the examination for instance, arrived the centre as early as 8.30 a.m.
She said that the candidates were searched and screened by men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC), using the scanners.
“The conduct of this year’s examination looks encouraging, smooth and stress free
“It is seamless as reports reaching me from the slit one of the examination that comprises 30 centres across the state says that so far the exams have been very peaceful with no issues at all.
“Here in our centre, actually we have 53 accredited centres but we used 30 for Saturday , but from Monday we shall put all the remaining 23 others in use.
“We have enough machines for the biometrics and as a result, there was no waste of time in checking the candidates into the examination hall,’’ Okorie said.
She said that the entire examination centre was calm and one would hardly know that an examination was going on here unlike what was obtained before then.
She said that only one session of the examination was held on Saturday in all the examination centres in and outside the country.
NAN reports that 1.8 million candidates are sitting for the examination in 540 centres in Nigeria and eight foreign centres, including Cameroon.
The figure includes 343 inmates and 201 visually impaired candidates.
The examination is expected to be concluded on March 11.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money from MMM Nigeria 50% Interest Help
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail