University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) has announced the students are to resume academic activities on Sunday, June 19 with their first semester examinations to start the next day.
The institution was shut down on April 11 following a violent students protest which took place on the same day.
According to information from the university’s website, the revised academic calendar for 2015/2016 session was approved at the 422nd meeting (extra-ordinary) of the Senate of the higher institution.
The protest by UNIPORT’s students led to the death of a final year male student in the Faculty of Management Sciences, who was shot by one of the policemen who came to clear the barricades on the ever-busy East-West Road, where the students were expressing their displeasure over lack of potable water and regular electricity, among others, on campus, with many students also injured and valuable property worth millions of naira either vandalised or destroyed by the students and hoodlums, who later hijacked the protest.
The UNIPORT’s calendar indicated that all full-time students would arrive on campus on June 19, with the first semester examinations to be between June 20 and July 16 (4 weeks), while the students would proceed on break between July 18 and July 23 and the second semester would commence on July 24
Second semester lectures will be between July 25 and October 14 (12 weeks).
UNIPORT also fixed August 17 for extra-ordinary meeting of Senate, to consider first semester (2015/2016) results, while the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES) would be between July and December, 2016
The Federal Government-owned higher institution also fixed October 10 to 15 for Students’ Union Week, involving cultural activities and professional exhibitions.
Revision is to take place from October 17 to October 21, while second semester examinations will hold between October 24 and November 12, with long vacation for full-time students to be from November 14 to December 9, 2016.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More