This is to inform all international students who are intersted to study at The University of Manchester the school has open a PhD Scholarships for 2017-2018 entry. These scholarships are available for students at the Alliance Manchester Business School.
Alliance Manchester Business School provides a thriving research environment, and the opportunity to work with the top international scholars in the full range of business and management disciplines, accounting and finance, and information systems.
Alliance Manchester Business School was established in 1965 as one of the UK’s first two business schools. Today, they are the UK’s largest campus-based business and management school, and ‘Original Thinking Applied’ is at the heart of everything they do.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
PhD Studentship on “The Northern Powerhouse – Collective Governance and Innovation”: A full-time, three year PhD research scholarship, including stipend and tuition fee costs, is available from September 2017.
Research Impact PhD Scholarships: The scholarship value is £18,000 per year for three years to cover tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
ESRC Open Studentship applications:
- UK applicants will be eligible for a full award paying tuition fees and maintenance.
- EU applicants are normally eligible for an award paying tuition fees only.
- EU applicants who have been resident in the UK for at least 3 years immediately preceding the date of the award are eligible for a full award paying tuition fees and maintenance.
RADMA Doctoral Studies Funding: The award will cover costs related to fees and specified living expenses up to a maximum of £18,000 per academic year (pro-rata for part-time students; partial funding is a possibility) and conditional upon the receipt of acceptable annual progress reports.
University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar Awards: The University of Manchester has recently launched £2.5m investment in PhD training with the President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Awards. In addition to standard awards which include tuition fee and stipend, successful PDS Award candidates are entitled to an additional £1,000 p.a. enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance.
EPSRC DTP studentships: The Faculty of Humanities is offering 3 full-time PhD studentships under the EPSRC Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP) for candidates commencing PhD studies in September 2017. Each studentship comprises full-time tuition fees at RCUK approved rate, an annual stipend starting at approx. £14,500 (subject to confirmation) and £1,000/year research training support grant (RTSG) for the student. Projects aligned with EPSRC’s shortage areas (Engineering, ICT, Materials, Mathematics – particularly statistics and operational research) can be considered for an enhanced stipend.
Alliance Manchester Business School PhD Scholarships: These PhD studentships offer three years’ funding, including doctoral programme tuition fees and a stipend of approximately £14,500 per year. Students also receive a generous research support and conference allowance.
China Scholarship Council – The University of Manchester Joint Scholarship Programme for PhD Study: The University of Manchester will cover their full tuition fees for the period of the relevant programme as outlined in the offer letter (usually three years). CSC will provide living allowances as prescribed from time to time by the Chinese Government and will cover the round-trip international airfare for students from China to the United Kingdom, visa and passport application fees.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must have obtained a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) and hold (or expect to obtain) a Masters-level qualification with Distinction.
Nationality: International students can apply for PhD Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold:
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification
- A Masters degree
The level of attainment of the Bachelor’s degree will normally be equivalent to that of a First Class or Upper Second Class Honours UK Bachelors degree. Professional qualifications and relevant experience may be taken into account for entry to a PhD programme where applicants do not have a Bachelors degree.
English Language Requirement: The minimum overall score required is:
- IELTS: 7.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL: 100 internet-based (with a minimum of 20 in each component – internet based) or 623 paper-based.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 66 (with a minimum of 51 in each component)
How to Apply: Applicants must submit online PhD application form. Documents required for a PhD application to the Alliance Manchester Business School includes
- A letter of interest of up to four pages in length outlining your background, interest and research skills related to the topic, understanding of the project, and how you satisfy the requirements described above.
- A detailed CV
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts showing your academic records of marks for courses taken
- Two academic reference letters, which must be currently dated
- Candidates may also be required to submit a TOEFL/IELTS/PTE English test score.
Application Deadline: Varies
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000