The Student Union Government of the institution gave the directive for students to boycott lectures and other academic activities.
The protest, which began on Monday, June 6, is coming as the students prepares for the 2015/2016 second semester academic session examinations.
According to Leadership, the lecture halls on campus were locked at around 6:00am with the signs: “SUG UNEC, No Light, No Lectures, Keep Off!!!” on the doors.
On Sunday, June 5, the student union president, Emmanuel Ebuka Nwankwo had urged students to comply with the directive to draw management’s attention to their plight.
Nwankwo said the “outcome of the meeting between the the executive council, speaker and principal officers of the House of Representatives, the principal officers of the Senate, the DSP, the chief judge and all the judges, all faculty and departmental presidents, fellowship presidents, hall governors, class representative and indeed all the student stakeholders has led us to arrive at the conclusion that it is time to revive the aluta spirit.”
He lamented that the union was tired of management’s nonchalant attitude to the issue even after several dialogues.
“With exams drawing closer and the seeming continuing non-chalance of the university management the SUG in collaboration with university stakeholders is declaring a one week sit at home protest,” Nwankwo said in the statement.
According him, “We have been quiet for far too long. It is time we take our fate into our hands. There would be no lectures, no exams, no posting, nothing until we get power.”
“This movement begins Monday 6th and it cannot succeed without your help. United we stand, divided we fall. From today onwards our motto is ‘LET THERE BE LIGHT!,” the statement added.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail