WAEC Physics Marking Scheme and Sample Questions . There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3, all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple choice questions lasting 1¼ hours and carrying 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of two sections, Sections A and B lasting1½ hours and carrying 60 marks.
Section A – Will comprise seven short-structured questions. Candidates will be required to answer any five questions for a total of 15 marks. Section B – Will comprise five essay questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any three for 45 marks.
PAPER 3: Will be a practical test for school candidates or an alternative to practical work paper for private candidates. Each version of the paper will comprise three questions out of which candidates will be required to answer any two in 2¾ hours for 50 marks.
- To rectify a current simply means to
- increase the magnitude of the current. B. measure the current using an ammeter. C. convert the current from a.c to d.c.
- connect more resistors in series in a circuit.
- Which of the following statements is correct about laser light?
- A. It converges at all times. B. It diverges at all times.
- C. It converges and diverges at different intervals. D. It neither diverges nor converges.
The truth table above represents a two input X, Y and a Z output device(s). The device(s) is
- A. AND gat B. NAND gate. C. OR gate.
- D. AND gate + inverter.
- The dimensions of pressure is
- A. ML-1T-2
- B. ML T-2
- C. ML3 T-2
- D. ML-1T-
- The recoil of a gun after it has been shot is a demonstration of
- A. the principle of conservation of energy. B. Newton’s second law of moti
- C. the principle of conservation of matter.
- D. Newton’s third law of moti
6 Two standard resistors of magnitudes 10 and 5 are connected in series to a series arrangement of secondary cells. If the current through the 10 resistor is 5A, the current through the 5 resistor is
- A. 5 A
- B. 0 A C. 7.5 A D. 10.0 A.
SECTION A (Short Structures)
- (a) How does an active satellite differ from a passive satellite?
SECTION B (Essay)
- (a) Define a photoelectron. [ 2 marks ] (b) The equation below represents a radioactive decay
(i) What are the values of x and p? [2 marks
(ii) State the conservation principles used in deriving the values of x and p. [2 marks
(c) (i) What is meant by the half life of a radioactive substance?
(ii) A radioactive substance has a half-life of 3.8 days.
Calculate its decay constant. [5 marks]
(d) State one function of each of the following materials utilized by an operating nuclear reactor:
(i) Boron rods, (ii) U235,
(iii) Graphite moderators [3 marks]
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More