WAEC to send future timetable to INEC to avoid clashes. The West African Examination Council has said that, henceforth, it will send the timetable of its examinations to the Independent National Electoral Commission and other agencies in order to prevent a clash of schedules in the future.
The Public Relations Officer, WAEC, Mr. Demianus Ojijeogu, in an interview with our correspondent on Thursday, described the development as a fallout of the clash in the dates of the Edo governorship poll and the November/December West African Senior School Certificate Examination, in which the candidates are expected to sit for Mathematics 1 and 2.
The electoral body had fixed the poll for September 10 (tomorrow), the same day that 1,742 candidates from the state were to sit for the examination.
The clash had forced WAEC to relocate the candidates to neighbouring Delta and Ondo states.
But Ojijeogu, who denied that INEC fixed the date for the election before the WAEC came out with its timetable, said future examination programmes would be sent to the electoral body and other agencies to prevent a recurrence of a clash in the dates.
“It is not true that we fixed our timetable after INEC announced the date for the governorship election. Our timetable was ready since last year and that of 2017 examination is ready. So, the report is not true. But, this a big lesson for us. Subsequently, we are going to forward our timetable to INEC and other relevant agencies.
“We expect that there will be by-elections and reruns so we will send the timetable to them so that we can be on the same page. We also expect them to do the same with us. But, for now, we are heeding the advice of the INEC to relocate the candidates to neighbouring states and we have secured centres in Delta and Ondo states for that purpose,’’ he said.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Online Shopping - Electronics, Phones, Laptops - ShopDirect.NG
Information is Power! Don't miss any information about your examination or your school because of lack of timely updates. The best thing you should do is to Register for FREE Email Alert! by Mail
Tags: WAEC Time Table