This is to notify all students that the authorities of Wesley University of Science and Technology, Ondo State, have sent students of the institution on a forced holiday following a strike embarked upon by lecturers of the school.
The university founded by the Methodist Church of Nigeria reportedly owes the lecturers 21 months salaries.
It was gathered that the lecturers’ strike had forced the university to postpone its second semester examinations.
Meanwhile, the authorities had directed the students to proceed on vacation on July 10, 2015.
A source in the university said the authorities took the decision to avoid the students’ demonstration.
The authorities, it was learnt, conveyed the news of the closure of the school to parents via text messages reportedly sent by the acting registrar of the school.
It read, “Our esteemed parents, we have some challenges with salaries and lecturers said they could not conduct exam until they were paid. Since it is dragging, we resolved that students should go home for safety. They’d be called back close to resumption for next semester to write the exam. Please, bear with us.”
However, the Public Relations Officer of the institution, Mr. Samuel Akindele, who denied that the lecturers were on strike, admitted that the authorities owed the workers some salaries.
Akindele added that the students were on a two-week mid-semester break to enable the authorities to resolve the matter with the lecturers amicably.
He stated, “Lecturers are being owed for some months and the management has yet to release the money for their payment.
“The lecturers said without the payment, the exam could not hold and in order not to delay the students, especially those going for the Industrial Attachment, the authorities decided to give them the mid-semester break.”
» Buy & Download Original Post UTME Past Questions and Answers (Up-to-Date):
» Get your Original JAMB Admission Letter : Click here to Apply!
» Get your JAMB Result Slip with your passport on it: Click here to Apply!
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- JAMB Original Result = N2,200
- JAMB Admission Letter = N2,200
- JAMB Result Checker Card = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- JAMB CBT Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000
AD: Make Money Online: Turn N12,500 into N50,000 with Ultimate Cycler in One Week. Click Here to Learn More