Seventeen students of the Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, were on Tuesday appeared before a Chief Magistrates’ Court in Ado Ekiti over their participation in the protest that led to the damage of school properties on Sunday night.
The students were also charged with possession of fire arms and military uniforms.
According to the prosecution counsel, the alleged offences contravene Section 516, 451 and 109 of the Criminal Code, Cap C 16, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges byt were denied.
The Chief Magistrate Ropo Adegboye tuned down the defence counsel’s plea for a bail and ordered that all the accused be remanded in police custody.
Meanwhile, parents of the over 200 students arrested and detained in connection with the protest are demanding an unreserved apology from the university’s authority over what they describe as a breach of their children’s right.
myPastQuestion.com Products and Services:
- Post UTME Past Questions = from N1,000
- JAMB Past Questions = N1,500
- WAEC/NECO Past Questions = N500 per subject
- Junior (JS33) Past Questions = N1,000 per subject
- All Scholarship Past Questions = N2,000
- JUPEB Past Questions = N2,000
- NDA Past Questions = N2,000
- NPA Past Questions = N1,500
- Job Interview Past Questions = N2,000
- WAEC Result Checker Card = N800
- NECO Result Checker Card = N800
- Post UTME Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Exam Success Guide (eBook) = N1,000
- Creation of Blogs = N10,000