Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Senior Research Analyst
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience8 years
- Job FieldResearch / Data Analysis
Ref Id: NIG0003B
Unit: Core Business Services
- The successful candidate will deliver high quality, impactful research and analysis to assigned projects that enable internal customers build client relationships, win pursuits, deliver on engagements, and strengthen the brand and reputation of EY in the industry.
Essential Functions of the Job
The candidate will:
- Produce a range of analysis work to support the firm’s strategic decisions on industries, companies and emerging business topics. Must demonstrate and apply strong subject knowledge to deliverables
- Support engagement with stakeholders and internal customers to provide them with a clear perspective on the issues, challenges and opportunities in the market, through impactful research and analysis on the implications of those trends for EY and its clients.
- Proactively alert stakeholders and internal customers regarding changes amongst key clients and competitors, and assess the implications of those changes for key stakeholders and their teams.
- Develop relationships with Senior Management stakeholders in Account / Service Line / Solution teams and collaborates with these colleagues to deliver research, analysis and insights that support business development activities and service delivery to clients (including for relationship building initiatives and specific engagements).
- Provide research and analysis support to major pursuits, including working with other EY Knowledge and Global Markets teams to deliver relevant analysis on market sizing, market share and market performance.
- Identify cross-sector point of view (POV) sharing opportunities and seeks opportunities to collaborate with other teams on issues that cut across EY’s business activities.
- Support the collection of benchmarking data from pursuits, engagements and proprietary research to enhance the depth of data available on the EY Benchmarking database and to the broader firm, and use data from EY Benchmarking to support domain priorities.
- Strong focus on research competency with active participation in R&D competency development offerings related to research leading practices
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Able to synthesize and analyze information coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of perspectives and sources across the business to deliver impactful analysis that supports business priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to use both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis methodologies, including financial analysis skills, to synthesize information, review data inputs and provide meaningful analysis on the subject.
- Adept at using strategically sound analytical methodologies and capable of coaching less-experienced team members to improve their skills in research, analysis, data analytics and visualization.
- Able to grasp the firm’s go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the business, and how analytics and measurement enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including financial analysis skills
- Good project and time management skills with the ability to complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a fast-moving, client-driven environment
- Collaborative and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
- Able to explain difficult concepts in a clear, concise and graphic-rich style, using appropriate analytics and visualization tools.
- Understanding of internal stakeholders and external clients’ needs and concerns; responds with a sense of urgency
- Ability to take ownership for delivering customized projects with a degree of autonomy; adept at working on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge and experience within a professional services environment an advantage
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Possess a First Degree in a numerate field and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in business analysis, industry research, management consulting and/or business performance.
go to method of application »
Vice President, Business Development
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience15 years
- Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Job ref.: NIG0003A
Department: Core Business Services
- We have an exciting opportunity for an outstanding Business Development Professional with experience in driving growth and revenue. Interested? Then check out details below:
- The Vice President Business Development will be accountable for revenue growth, higher win rates, market share enhancement, client satisfaction and quality assurance procedures for the account.
- Will also focus on ‘alternative’ routes to market – for next generation of product and services with a keen client need assessment aptitude – developing large enterprise relationships.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 15+ years of business development experience in the professional services and/or solutions arena
- Relevant and current experience of and credibility in the marketplace
- Demonstrable track record selling complex projects or services aligned to client issues or growth agendas
- Ability to devise and position propositions to a client – articulating and capturing value
- Solid B2B selling experience and capability, involving management of multiple stakeholders, often within a long sales cycle
- Significant track record of successfully owning, driving development of, and managing complex accounts
- Strong understanding of key industry drivers and how these impact on client accounts
- Current network of senior contacts in the marketplace and excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to utilise relationships to uncover and develop opportunities
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now! AD: Click here to Read Latest School News, Jobs, Scholarships
Click here to see the latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria.