The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) works in partnership with country governments, partners, and other major stakeholders to identify key obstacles to scaling-up and increasing access to essential health services, and to develop sustainable strategies to overcome them.
CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for treatment; accelerating access to life-saving vaccines and technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required to design and implement high-quality care and treatment programs.
CHAI’s Applied Analytics Team (AAT) works closely with CHAI’s country teams and partner governments to improve health care delivery by using applied analytics to drive policy and programmatic decisions. AAT provides credible designs, strategies and advice, through fit-for-purpose analytical approaches including operations research, mathematical modeling, monitoring, program evaluation and impact evaluation.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor, M&E
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with superior problem-solving skills who is resourceful, collaborative, and proficient in quantitative analysis to support the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) efforts of the PPIUD programs in Nigeria and Ethiopia.
- The Technical Advisor will be a member of the Applied Analytics Team, and will collaborate daily with CHAI’s global Family Planning and MNH Teams, as well as the Nigerian and Ethiopian country teams.
- The position will be based in Abuja, with anticipated travel to Ethiopia and within Nigeria.
- The candidate must have a passion for results and a commitment to excellence, and experience with M&E and/or data collection and management.
Support M&E staff in Nigeria and Ethiopia to:
- Develop and implement comprehensive, feasible M&E frameworks that will generate credible, actionable and timely information
- Analyze data and conduct data quality assessments in support of strategic decision-making
- Design and conduct other evaluation and operational research studies as necessary
- Disseminate results and facilitate information sharing forums with program management, government partners, and other key stakeholders
- Support in-country staff to develop M&E capacity and create sustainable M&E systems
- Travel up to 60%
- Conduct literature reviews and summarize findings
- Develop data collection tools and protocols
- Develop data management and analysis tools such as databases and dashboards
- Collect baseline data
- Other responsibilities as requested by supervisor
Specific qualities sought in candidates include:
- Master’s degree strongly preferred, preferably Masters in Public Health (MPH) or Master’s in Public Policy (MPP); Bachelor’s minimum with exceptional experience
- 4+ years experience working in a results-oriented environment
- Experience developing and managing M&E systems
- Experience working in a developing country
- Meticulous work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills, and high level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Passion for learning and developing new skills
- Experience with field data collection/research
- Exceptional ability to work independently, to develop and execute work-plans, and to achieve specified goals with limited guidance and oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and an ability to manage challenging multi-cultural, multi-stakeholder situations to achieve intended results
- Experience designing and managing field data collection activities
- Knowledge of global health issues, specifically family planning and maternal health
- Experience working with governments in developing countries
- Experience living in Africa