Africa Youth Growth Foundation is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 – 5 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
- Communications Officers write and distribute content to promote an organization’s brand, activities.
- They act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind.
- The communications officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events, the communication officer should be able to think creatively and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in addition, the officer is expected to have social media skill,
- He/she will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to follower, manage our Organization’s image in a cohesive way to achieve our visibility goals, be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends, have excellent communication skills and be able to express our organization’s views creatively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Collaborate with program and communication team to ensure organizational visibility in public eye.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor people’s reviews.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, BSc in Marketing or relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (In Design/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Proven work experience as a Social media manager with the NGO sector
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copy writing skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Familiarity with web design
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV and recent passport photograph to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only applicants with the required skills and experience will be contacted.