Are you looking for direct entry admission into medicine and surgery in universities in Nigeria ? If yes, read this post to discover what you need to know about admission requirements from different schools.
Medicine and Surgery is one of the most competitive course to get admission in Nigeria. The reason for being very competitive is obvious. Candidates who graduates from Medicine and Surgery eventually become medical doctors and occupy and very prestigious place in the labour market.
Si, if you want to get a direct entry admission into medicine and surgery in universities in Nigeria, there are certain things you will need to know now. These are admission requirements, list of universities that offers Medicine and Surgery, direct entry admission requirements and so on.
Direct entry admission into medicine and surgery in universities in Nigeria
Let’s start from the list of universities that offer medicine and surgery in Nigeria
Higher Institutions that Offer Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria
- BINGHAM – no direct entry
- NDU – no direct entry
- PHC – no direct entry
Direct Entry Admission Requirments/ Special Consideration
- (i) UDU, MAIDUGURI and EBSU accept ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics in lieu of Physics.
- (ii) LAGOS as in Dentistry.
- (iii) BINGHAM, NDU and PHC – No Direct Entry
- (iv) OOU and CALABAR accept Degree in Science not below Second Class Lower Division.
- (v) CALABAR accepts Degree (not below a good second class lower Division) in Anatomy,Biochemistry, Physiology, Medical Laboratory, Nursing Science, Chemistry. Biology, Zoology or Does not
- (vi) ABSU, AAU and OOU accept Degree in related fields. accept IJMB for Direct Entry.
- (vii) BSU, ILORIN, IMSU and LASU accept a good Honours degree (second class upper) in relevant discipline.
- (viii) JOS requires D/E candidates to fulfil UTME Entry requirements.
- (ix) BENIN accepts: (a) At least three “A” LEVEL PASSES (Not more than one C Grade or minimum of 12points) in Biology or Zoology, Physics and Chemistry at NOT MORE THAN ONE SITTING. (b) At least a second class upper division from a recognised University in either B.Sc Biological Sciences or B.Sc. Medical Sciences
- (x) ABSU and ILORIN requires that all candidates no matter their mode of admission are required to have GCE ‘O’ level or equivalent with credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at one sitting and same sitting.
- (xi) ILORIN accepts B.Sc (Second Class Honours) in Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Zoology and other Basic Sciences fields.
- Also requires a minimum aggregate of 13 score points
- xii) LASU requires a minimum of ‘C’ in each of the subjects and will consider a Bachelor of Science with a minimum of Second Upper Division for admission.
- (xiii) UNN- Direct Entry.
- (xiv) LAUTECH accept s ‘A’ Level passes in Biology Chemistry and Physics, or
- Zoology (plus UTME requirements) may be considered for admission into 200 level.
- (xv) OAU accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours in relevant discipline (Sciences).
- (xvi) EBSU accepts B.Sc 2nd Class Upper Division in any biological science course Plus at least credit pass in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics in one sitting
- (xvii) UNIOSUN accepts a Acceptable passes (good grade) – total points of 10) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology at the Higher School Certificate or Advanced Level of General certificate Examination or its equivalent . b )First Degree in relevant Biomedical sciences Medical, paramedical, biological, chemical or physical Sciences) not less than Second Class Upper Division level.
Read Also: How to Pass Post UTME and Get Admissions
Duration of Studies for Direct entry Medicine and Surgery into Nigerian Universities.
The minimum number of years you will spend is 5, if you are getting admission through direct entry. After that, you will become a doctor.
Share this post with others.Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now! AD: Click here to Read Latest School News, Jobs, Scholarships