Directions: Some of the sentences are gramatically correct and some are incorrect. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and mark that part. If there is no error, mark that part as your answer.
1. Another baffling change1/ that I notice in him now-a-days2/ is that he avoids to speak to me.3/ No error4
2.He lay the watch on the table1/ and then forgot all about it2/ when he went out.3/ No error4
3. While it is apparent1/ that biotechnology offers significant benefits2/ adequate attention has not been focussed to this vital area.3/ No error4
4. There is a need1/ to revising Government policies2/ on controlling unauthorized constructions.3/ No error4
5. If you had seen1/ yesterday’s cricket I am sure2/ would have enjoyed seeing our team bat.3/ No error/4
6. When he will come1/ I will2/ make sure3/ I meet him.4/ No error5
7.The traveller being weary1/ he2/ sat by3/ woodside to rest.4/ No error5
8. He did not1/ and could not have2/ understood3/ the full facts of the case4/. No error5
9. Neither1/ Rohit nor2/ Kabir have done his3/ lesson.4/ No error5
10. I am opposed1/ to the plan of action not because2/ it is ill concieved but that3/ it seems impractical4/. No error5
11. He as well as you1/ is tired of2/ this long3/ and troublesome affair4/. No error5
12. Along the1/ northern frontier of India2/ is seen3/ the Himalayas mighty in their splendour4/. No error5
13. The recommendations of the committee1/ that the age should be lowered down2/immediately3/ was not accepted4/. No error5
14. Each of the students whom1/ I have chosen to take part2/ in the discussion have3/ indicated that he4/ will be happy to do so. No error5
15. Our country need1/ a number of2/ self sacrificing3/ and devoted political leaders4/. No error5.
16. We erect1/ monuments in the memory 2/of the great lest their achievements3/might be4/ forgetten. No error5.
17. He used rather harsh words1/ in denouncing2/ her but he must have had3/ some very strong reasons to do so4/. No error5.
18. Since he has not1/ yet attained the age of eighteen2/, he had no right3/ to vote in the present election4/. No error5
19. I am disappointed1/ in not having saw2/ any place while3/ I was in Delhi on vacation4/. No error5
20. What India needs today1/ are more scientists2/ technicians3/ and planners4/. No error5
21. No sooner did1/ the thief saw the 2/policeman than3/ he ran away4/. No error5
22. Neither the size1/ nor the colour2/ of the gloves3/ were right4/. No error5
23. If it was possible1/ to get near2/ where one of these eruptions took place3/, we could have a grand sight4/. No error5
24. Most of us are not aware1/ that2/ eating some varities3/ of mushrooms result4/ in death. No error5
25. After1/ Nepoleon had lost2/ the battle of Waterloo in 1815, he had been 3/exiled to4/ the Island of St. Helena. No error5
1(c) say ‘speaking’ for ‘to speak’,
2(a) say ‘laid’ for ‘lay’,
3(c) use ‘on’ in place of ‘to’,
4(b) to revise, 5(e) no error,
6(a) say ‘comes’ for ‘will come’,
7(b) drop ‘he’,
8(a) Add ‘understand’ after ‘did not’, 9(c) use ‘has’, 10(c) say ‘but because’, 11(e) no error, 12(c) say ‘are seen’, 13(d) say ‘were not’, 14(c) say ‘has’, 15(a) say ‘needs’,
16(d) say ‘should be’,
17(d) say ‘for doing so’,
18(c) say ‘ he has’,
19(b) say ‘in not having seen’,
20(b) say ‘is’, 21(b) say ‘see’,
22(d) say ‘was’, 23(a) say ‘if it were possible’, 24(d) say ‘results’,
25(c) say ‘was exiled’.Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now!