FUNAAB Admission Frequently Asked Questions. We have compiled a list of questions frequently asked by Jambites seeking for admission into FUNAAB and provided the answers as accurate as possible too. Feel free to ask your questions using the comment box at the bottom of the page.
This is the first episode, check back soon for the next episode.
Here we go.
- What is the JAMB cut-off mark for FUNAAB?
- The JAMB cut-off mark as of 2014/2015 session was 200.
- Does FUNAAB accept Second choice?
- No. Anyone that makes FUNAAB his/her second in UTME is not eligible for admission, no matter the UTME score.
- There was an error during my JAMB registration. What do I do?
- If there was an error during your JAMB registration, you need to visit JAMB office in your state to rectify it. Once your JAMB form is filled and submitted, it CANNOT be edited online anymore except through JAMB office.
- I did not choose FUNAAB in JAMB, can I still register for the post UTME?
- If you did not pick FUNAAB in JAMB at all, you are not eligible to apply for the post UTME. Do not even try to obtain the form, because you will not be able to register due to the fact that your name will not be among the list of names forwarded to the school from JAMB.
- What are the courses FUNAAB offer and how many years is it?
- The list of courses offered in FUNAAB can be seen here.You will need a pdf reader to view it.
*All Agric courses are 5 years.
*All engineering courses are 5 years.
*Vet medicine is 6 years.
*All Management courses (Econs, BEM, EPS, Acc) are 4 years.
*All Natural science courses are 4 years: mathematics, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, microbiology, statistics, computer science, biochemistry.
*All other courses offered in FUNAAB are five (5) years except; Home Science Management and Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Does FUNAAB offer (e.g. Computer Engineering)?
- To avoid confusion. Click here to see the list of courses offered in FUNAAB
- How competitive is (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)?
- How competitive a course is can be determined by the number of applicants for the course. Which means the competitiveness varies annually. Some courses that usually receive 1000+ applicants yearly include: all commercial courses, engineering courses, biochemistry, Food Science and Technology. While the course with the lowest number (100) of applicants per year include all agric courses.
- Does FUNAAB accept awaiting result?
- Yes, awaiting result is accepted. But you need to be careful, FUNAAB admission is usually around july/august which means that any result that is not ready by August is not advisable. For candidates that intends to use WAEC May/June, you are safe. But do not rely NECO because if you sat for NECO that year, your result will not be out by the time FUNAAB releases the admission list.
- Does FUNAAB accept double/two sittings?
- Of course, double sitting is accepted as long as the name on the 2 results is the same.
- Can I combine WAEC & NECO?
- Of course you can combine both as long as you’re the owner of the results and both results carry the same (candidate’s name).
- Does FUNAAB accept NABTEB results?
- Does FUNAAB accept IJMB?
- Yes. FUNAAB accepts IJMB.
- What is the O level requirement for (e.g. Mechanical Engineering)?
- The O level requirement for all science courses are: Minimum of credit (C6) in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
For candidates applying for Water Resources Management and Agrometeorology, Minimum of C6 in Geography is compulsory.
- I had D7 in Biology, but C6 in Agricultural Science. Can Agric. Sc. be accepted in lieu of Biology?
- Agricultural Science is not accepted instead of Biology. Once you do not have at least C6 in biology, you are not eligible for admission.
- Does FUNAAB accept non-indigenous applicants?
- FUNAAB is a no catchment area school which means there are no indigenes. Everyone has equal chances.
- When will FUNAAB post UTME form be out?
- The post UTME form is usually released between June and July. Just start checking the school website as soon as JAMB cut-off has been announced or as from June.
- How much is FUNAAB post UTME form?
- The post UTME form usually cost less than N3,000
- How will I know when the post UTME form is out?
- When the post UTME form is out, it will be stated boldly on the school website. We at FunaabConnect we also make sure you be the first to know. Just keep checking here.
- How do I get FUNAAB post UTME form?
- As new technologies arise regularly, so the method of applying for post UTME changes. But the latest method is that:
you will provide your name and JAMB reg. no. on the school website, then print an invoice.
You will take the invoice to the stated bank (any branch) and pay the specified amount.
You then go back to the portal where you printed that invoice.
If your payment has been confirmed, you will be able to proceed with your registration.
Nevertheless, make sure you check the school website then for the full procedure.
- What if I made a mistake during the post UTME registration?
- Mistakes made during post UTME registration can be corrected before the exam date by coming down to the school main campus and head to the ICT Centre (it is not free). So, while uploading your results, make sure you do not make a mistake.
Go to the cafe with all your documents.
Purchase sufficient browsing time
And make sure you cross-check your form well before clicking final submission.
DO NOT ALLOW SOMEONE TO REGISTER FOR YOU!
- How does FUNAAB post UTME look like?
- The post UTME is a Computer Based Test (CBT) just like JAMB UTME.50 questions, 25-30 minutes.
For science students, the 50 questions is made up of math., Eng., bio. Phy. & chm. The number of questions per subject varies.
For commercial students, the 50 questions is made up of just math., Eng. & Econs.
- When will FUNAAB post UTME results be released and how do I check it?
- The post UTME results will be released latest a week after the exam.
Buy and download original FUNAAb Post UTME Past Questions and start reading now.