Do you have any exam to write soon? If yes, see the Guidelines and tips to successfully Exam. It’s like a question and answer session between a student and an examination experts. The tips are very useful if you are preparing for any exam.
Just take a look below;
1. I will write my Exam Very Soon. What should I do to pass?
To pass an exam, what you have to do is study. But studying does not mean taking a lot of hours in front of the notes or the book.
Studying takes planning; it’s what you should have started during the course. If you leave everything to the last day you might get overwhelmed, but hardly learn something.
It is also important to know in advance the nature of the exam (is it essay, objective test, case study, problem solving? etc.). Your knowledge of the type of the exam will help you to adapt your training to the specific type of test.
2. How do I plan what I have to study?
When preparing a exam, there are several guidelines that you can follow that will help you improve your performance. The first thing you should do is:
– Set up a study schedule: Use a reasonable number of hours to study. It is better to study a few hours for several days than many hours in a few days. Try to have the discipline to study every day, also on weekends, even more relaxed.
– Establish your study Location. It is important to have a specific place to study. It should be a place where you’re comfortable and free of distractions. If you can do that at home, perfect. If not, you always have the option of libraries, study rooms, etc.
Read Also: How to Read at Home for Exam
3. Is there a technique to help me study better?
Each person has a different learning methods and what works for you may not be working for another person. Anyway, there are some guidelines that you must do once you are ready to start reading for exam.
To assimilate the content. Proper assimilation of contents requires you to apply the following techniques of study:
- Do a comprehensive reading of the subject,
- then underlining the main ideas and then
- Now realize the outlines, summaries and summary tables.
- Also, you must perform some rehearsals to avoid forgetting the part of the syllabus learned in previous weeks.
Working memory: It is not recommended that youtry to cram every part of your books, but try to largely memorize certain content. Therefore, working memory will allow you to assimilate the contents of a simpler way.
There are many mnemonic devices you can find on the internet and are helpful to facilitate memorization. These rules will allow you to increase the capacity of memory retention through certain combinations or artifice.
- How can you learn the first 32 digits of π (3.1415926535897932384626433832795)? It seems difficult to avoid mistakes in any figures, right? A mnemonic technique to remember all the numbers in the correct order to create a sentence in which the number of letters in each word represents the ordered sequence of numbers. So, if we create a phrase like “I am π, motto and ingenious reason, wise man, who precious series valuing enunciated masterful. For its unique law well measured the great orb finally reduced was the usual ordinary system” I am equal to 3 , π 1, slogan 4 etc … memorizing this sentence will have no problem to find out the first 32 digits of π.
- Or if you have to study the countries that have the euro as its official currency takes the initials of each country and make one (s) keyword (s) or acronym (s) they will allow you to remember them more easily.
- Working attention: In order to memorize the content effectively is essential to be attentive. a. If you are not 100% you’ll be wasting your time.
It is better to study small areas of your books effectively than to spend hours and hours in front of book unsuccessfully. Study requires a proactive attitude.
4. Is it better to study during the day or night?
You must find the time of day that best suits your person. Some people prefer to stay until the wee hours of the morning studying and others prefer to go to bed early and get up early in the night to study.
The important thing is conveniently rest; Stopping five minutes per hour of study will help to better assimilate what you are reading.
And of course, take noite of hours of sleep; if you have not slept well you’ll hardly study well. An exaggerated or “superhuman” effort few days before the exam indicates poor planning of the study.
It is also important not to neglect your diet.
5. Is there anything I can do on test day?
For the day of the exam you should have studied the entire syllabus. In fact, you should dedicate a couple of days before the exam to review. In the last rehearsals you see that you have prepared well.
However, it is normal that you may be nervous. Therefore, it is advisable not to take anything to help excite even more (example: coffee …) It is desirable that you relax that night before and the morning of the examination.
6. What if I go blank?
Many people feel a sense of blockage during an examination due to nerves inaction.
What we know as ‘go blank’ usually occurs when we read a question that causes us to forget every other thing we read before the exam.
This could happen as long as 5 and 10 minutes. Stay calm, close your eyes and try to relax by concentrating on your breathing four times: breathe deeply and slowly, hold your breath, expel it slowly and wait a few seconds before starting again.
So, start writing five minutes later and so you can decrease the anxiety, which is what causes the mental block. Gradually you will notice how ideas are back to your mind. Read all questions that make up the examination and begins to answer your closest simple questions. That way you will feel more confident and reverse your memory loss.
Read Also: How to Read for JAMB and Get At least 270
7. And how do I control the nerves in an oral exam?
It’s normal to be more nervous in an oral examination than written one. In oral exam, you may be exposed to all doubts and insecurities because of fear of the interviewer.
In that case, in addition to studying your books, you will also have to prepare your presentation skills. To do this, you can practice before the mirror or with a friend / or relative. To a certain extent, you will get used to speaking in.
8. Is there anything I should not do when preparing for an exam?
There are people who tend to be tempted to take “shortcuts” like “expo” ‘chops’ ‘brain support”etc. Cheating is not good and you’re risking getting caught by the examiner and disqualification.
Forget stimulants. No knowledge or nothing can contribute no more than good planning. They Only postpone tiredness, but they can take the worst possible time.
It is also important that in the days you’re studying deeply, try and avoid any activity that increases your emotional stress (eg, video games). Such activities involve a lowering of the level of concentration that will adversely affect your ability to study.
And although many people think otherwise, exercise or physical activity can be very good at times. Such activities, in a restrained way (not put yourself to run a marathon) can help you reduce all the stress and anxiety.
Share these tips to your friends and relatives if you care about them. Use the share buttons below.Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now!