NOUN is the acronym for the National Open University of Nigeria. It’s the first Federal Government owned open university in Nigeria and the most efficient in Africa. Apart from its popularity, NOUN is one the easiest school to get admission in Nigerian Universities. If you want to enroll in the University, we will walk you through the registration process.
How to Get Admission in NOUN
All prospective students should note the following;
- NOUN application is entirely an online process,
- Application portal is open for full 24 hours in a day,
- You have to check the availability of the program before you commence application,
- You have to obtain a prerequisite requirement to gain admission into the university.
- You will not be given admissions in to NOUN id you have want to do direct Masters program with HND unless you do PGD Program and later apply for masters.
- Masters in Education is purely meant for those who studied Educational courses at their undergraduate level and have a degree in education.
- Only professional certifications such as ICAN, NIPSA, MIN etc are not enough for admissions as other criteria such as BSc, HND, PGD are needed for admissions into any Post Graduate Programmes in NOUN.
- Only graduates with Upper Credits in HND will be offered admissions into MBA Programmes.
- All prospective applicants who wish to apply for all undergraduate courses must meet the required O’Level requirement before application.
If you don’t have complete O’Level result See – How to Get 8 Credits in WAEC GCE with A’s and B’s
The basic steps in NOUN application process is stated below. Before that, its advisable for all prospective applicant to visit NOUN study centers nearest to them for screening and clarifications of issues regarding admission process.
Here’s the application process;
Go to any of the under-listed participating BANKS to purchase your NOUN application form,
- Ecobank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
- First City Monument Bank
- Zenith Bank
Please specify correctly that this payment is mean for APPLICATION FORM.
Collect teller / transaction receipt special deigned for NOUN admissions except otherwise
Please note that the transaction receipt has two important numbers – Transaction Reference Numbers as well as the Pin Numbers. The PIN Number is the application PIN code which is equivalent to the amount paid.
- Visit internet and log on to www.noun.edu.ng
- Click on Application button or visit here directly http://application.noun.edu.ng/
- Access the online application form with the use of the Transaction Reference Numbers and the Pin Numbers.
- At the Homepage of NOUN, click – signup here – to register as first time user
- On the sign up page, fill in Your Application PIN Number, > Choose Your needed Study Center, > Choose Your Programme
Category, Fill in your Surname and Other names, > Fill in your Email, Phone Number as well as your User Name and Password
(Note: Email is very important as it will be used to send notifications from the University)
Make sure you Click on – “Click here to Signup” button
This process will sign you up and automatically transfer you to the login page.
- On the login page, fill in your user name and password you earlier used to sign-up process above and click on login button. This would automatically transfer you to the Applicant Control Center especially if your PIN is correct.
- On the application control center, complete the application form using the required information. Make sure you upload your passport, and other necessary information.
- Review all the information and click SUBMIT. You are done with the NOUN application.
Applicants can now print the provisional admissions letter from the NOUN application portal.
Applicants can read the full procedure here.
Here is the repository of frequently asked questions (FAQs) especially very useful to new application.
If you encounter any difficulty in the application process, kindly drop a comment and we will respond quickly.
Please share this post.
Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now!