IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician III
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-047
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Work with the Breeder to achieve the desired goals and screening exercises;
- Assist in planning and setting up of trials
- Assist in collection of agronomical data for all trials;
- Assist in preparing field books and field plan for all trials;
- Assist in supervising threshing, cleaning and safe storage of seed;
- Assist in setting up hybridization nursery in screen house;
- Record pedigree information of all newly developed lines;
- Support in thrips and aphids rearing;
- Assist in phenotyping of Bambara groundnut in addition to Cowpea
- Assist in supervising leaf sampling for genotyping activities;
- Assist in preparing randomization tables for field trials
- Initiate and follow up land allocation request submitted to farm office and land preparation for planting and management of resources;
- Assist in supervision of subordinates in the routine fields and screen houses operations;
- Assist graduate students on research projects as required;
- Assist in seed preparation, planting of trials and maintenance of trials in Ibadan and other out stations;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- National Diploma in General Agriculture or any other related fields with at least Five (5) years relevant experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must;
- Be computer literate.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have good driving skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their applications including a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Application Deadline 23rd November, 2016.Click here to check your NEW JAMB Result now!